Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-01-21 13:57:34

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Dev Eats Tree; Branches Project; Dies.

Not really.

Instead, a request to the community to help test some of the features that are now candidates for acceptance into textile core.

Candidate Feature Description Feedback Location Download link
Textplugs “Textplugs” are textile plugins that allow development of new block-level tags for textile.
This is probably the most important of the candidate features so I’m especially interested in feedback on this branch.
There are two examples in the ‘textplugs-available\external’ directory for you to try. These are ‘hr’ (yes, horizontal rule) and ‘bcphp’ for syntax highlighted php code blocks.
If successful, this approach could be extended to glyphs — for things like non-English quotation marks/typography support — and (maybe) spans.
Forum or Repo Issue Download it here
Link rel-attributes A lot of excitement about this in previous textile forum posts, feature seems to be wanted, so please give it a try. Forum or Repo Issue Download it here
Mutlitple notelists A request from one of the forum’s own that extends textile 2.2 notelists by effectively giving them namespaces and making the links between note references and definitions use more semantic urls.
You can now specify which notelist a note definition should be added to. This is backwards compatible with textile 2.2 notelists.
Forum or Repo Issue Download it here

When you’ve selected the feature you want to try…

• Install a test copy of textpattern on a localhost site.
  • Use the download link of your choice to get a test-zip
  • Open the zip and over-write your textpattern installation’s classTextile.php with the one from the zip. In the case of textplugs you’ll also need to follow the instructions contained in the zip.
  • Try out the new feature.
  • Let me know how it goes either via the appropriate link above, or on the new #textile IRC channel on freenode.net.

Please do not install the classTextile.php files you may download from the links above on your live sites. The branches they are taken from do not include any security related commits that are only applied to the core release (the ‘master’ branch on the repository.)

Thank you!

Last edited by net-carver (2011-01-22 16:19:51)

Steve

#2 2011-01-21 15:06:26

jstubbs
Website

Re: Dev Eats Tree; Branches Project; Dies.

Off topic: You freaked me out with that title! Woo – relief!

#3 2011-01-21 16:55:53

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Sorry Jonathan, my posts in the textile forum aren’t getting much love so I’m trying a different tactic to raise the profile of these features for a while. Will put an accurate title on the post — and have it moved to the right place — once news gets about a bit.

Steve

#4 2011-01-21 17:11:41

els

Very effective :) Though I didn’t buy it, headlines like this not really being your style, Steve ;)

I had seen your other posts, just waiting for enough spare time to start testing.

#5 2011-01-21 17:37:55

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#6 2011-01-21 19:10:01

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Nearly though…

Steve

#7 2011-01-21 19:33:03

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Stef gives birth to Sammich? :p

#8 2011-03-02 02:56:54

mrdale
Website

OK, this is all very sexy, but I’m not textilosexual, so I can only cheer from the sidelines. I play for the other team.

Board footer