Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-12-06 02:56:41

marshieparshie

navigation within a category

i need prev/next links for my articles that link to the prev/next articles in the same category. this is for an artist’s website where each article is an image of a piece of art. each article has a category and subcategory for the medium used. i found this post for jk_neighbour. is there a more recent plugin for this?

#2 2010-12-06 09:05:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: navigation within a category

Might smd_horizon offer any assistance? I can’t remember if it does this, but I seem to remember allowing you to navigate within a category so it might help.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2010-12-07 02:05:19

marshieparshie

Re: navigation within a category

i think this will work, but i need to pass the category variable to the single article display. right now i’m using the permlink tag to link the thumbnails from a category list to the article that is a full-sized image, and i don’t see how to pass variables. i could retrieve the category from the article, but i think that would be complicated since some articles are placed in subcategories and some are not.

Board footer