Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-11-17 22:59:02

ericisshort

Admin area blank after host migration

So I have followed the instructions from this guide to migrate a website from one host to another. After migration, the front end looks fine, but after logging into the admin area of the site, I am taken to a page that only contains TxP carver image followed by the following three lines:

Textpattern · 4.2.0
Logged in as Admin
Logout

There is no way to access any of the admin features- no tabs, no links, nothing other than those three lines. Does anyone know the cause of this problem or how to fix it? I’ve searched the forum but can’t seem to find anyone who has had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ericisshort (2010-11-17 22:59:56)

#2 2010-11-20 21:10:23

ericisshort

Re: Admin area blank after host migration

errrr… anybody?

Is there more information that I could provide you? If so, how? I’m not that experienced with Textpattern

#3 2010-11-20 21:31:11

els

Sorry, completely overlooked your post. I suppose you tried to click the logout link and then login again? Did you check if you uploaded all files and folders to the new server? Like here: files and folders (except the .txt files). No whitespace in config.php?

#4 2010-11-28 22:26:03

ploinkr

Downgraded from 4.3 to 4.2 and I’m having the same problem – tried everything I could and can’t get the site up :-( Any help would be greatly appreciated

#5 2010-11-28 23:13:51

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

ploinkr wrote:

Downgraded from 4.3 to 4.2 and I’m having the same problem – tried everything I could and can’t get the site up :-( Any help would be greatly appreciated

What do you mean by downgrading and what did you exactly try? If you need to downgrade, or restore your site into previous state, you would use backups you have made to do so.

If you did downgrade I do expect that you did replace your database with your old backup you made before updating, and then replaced the files with the ones from 4.2.0? If not, what did you exactly do?

And, um, what is the reason behind the downgrade?

#6 2010-11-29 19:24:04

ploinkr

Jukka, thanks for your reply; I tried to “downgrade” from 4.3 because MLP is not fully functional with that version yet – which I should have checked beforehand :-/ In the end I re-installed 4.3 and got it to work again, so I think I’ll just keep it there and hope MLP gets an update soon…
Thanks again,
Benoit

Board footer