Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-09-25 17:26:27

texted21

Customizing for use in Indexhibit.

Hey,

I’m planning on having a blog appear inside of my indexhibit page. It’s essentially putting the blog into a frame. But in order for everything to match up I have a few questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Basically i want the page to be COMPLETELY flush left, and flush to the top. No margins or anything. I’ve been messing around with the CSS code for hours now and I can’t figure out how to do this.

1a. I’d like to get rid of the header, or slogan. I can delete them, but then it leaves space at the top. (I really want everything flush left and flush to the top.

2. That “Home, Articles, Search” side bar. How can I get that to the right side of the page.

Thanks.

#2 2010-09-25 19:55:06

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Customizing for use in Indexhibit.

texted21 wrote:

1. Basically i want the page to be COMPLETELY flush left, and flush to the top. No margins or anything. I’ve been messing around with the CSS code for hours now and I can’t figure out how to do this.

Get a CSS tool that allows you to inspect the page to see where the margin is coming from. If you have a WebKit browser (e.g. Safari) you have the Web Inspector built in (in Safari you have to go to advanced prefs to make the Developer menu visible). Another good choice is the Firefox Developer Tools plugin.

1a. I’d like to get rid of the header, or slogan. I can delete them, but then it leaves space at the top. (I really want everything flush left and flush to the top.

Just delete these elements from the template (Presentation->Pages). Look for <txp:site_name /> and <txp:site_slogan />. Make sure you edit the correct template(s) for the section(s) you want to display on your indexhibit page.

2. That “Home, Articles, Search” side bar. How can I get that to the right side of the page.

As above, find it in the template(s). Move it to the right sidebar.

Code is topiary

#3 2010-10-06 09:23:41

CodeWalker
Website

Re: Customizing for use in Indexhibit.

You need a reset file to kill the browsers default margins. Google for YUI reset.

Board footer