Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-06-17 19:07:04

fantasmo

comments are missing and I can't add new ones

Hi,

my comments are missing.

I can see the comments form and the message “no comments yet” and I can even see comments excerpts in my sidebar, where I have a “recent comments” part. But they are gone in the article page.

They are also still in the backend, and I tried to explicitly turn them on/show them, but nothing.

And I also posted a new comments and set it to visible in the backend, but it doesn’t show up in the front end.

I urgently need help! I never had this problem and I don’t understand what happend, they were there a few hours ago. The form “comments_display” is also still as before, it has the <txp:comments_form> and of course the <txp:comments />

#2 2010-06-17 19:26:10

fantasmo

Re: comments are missing and I can't add new ones

I wonder whats going on… it seems like my comment postings get assigned to another article and not the one i posted it in.

E.g.
i Posted a comment in the article “welcome” and in the backend it says, the comment has the parent element “article four”
I posted a comment to article “article four” and in the backend it also says parent element “article four”
And then I posted a comment to the mysterious “article four” and it says parent element is “welcome”???

As i wrote in my previous post, I also use <txp:rei_recent_comments showcomment=“yes” maxwords=“20” limit=“5” /> in the sidebar, and it indeed shows excerpts of the comments I posted.
And for example when I click on the previous mentioned comment in the article “welcome” it leads me to the (actually wrong) parent “article four”…and the correct comment isn’ there anyway.

#3 2010-08-14 03:37:21

damshaw
Website

Re: comments are missing and I can't add new ones

I cont help you but my comments no working recently as well!

<txp:comments_invite /> now just refreshes the page and does not open the comments form… I have tried the little I know and still no comments :(

Best of luck!

Board footer