Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-04-19 23:23:56

sereal

This is my website using TXP

hi…

this is my 1st website using TXP after a month of struggling trying to understand this CMS system, and also I would like to thank all the masters here who helped me this and that during the creation of this website,

thank you Mr. Stef a.k.a Bloke, the_ghost, Maniqui, Gocom, and the rest, lovely plugins !

This website is a local Apple Macintosh Info written in Indonesian

http://imajalah.com

Its not a perfect website but I love using TXP to build this. and I love to share this here.

ps: I don’t make this website to support older browser, well may be soon :(

thanks

Last edited by sereal (2010-04-19 23:29:55)

$(mydocument).notyetready(function() {});
dowebsitesneedtolookexactlythesameineverybrowser ?

#2 2010-04-20 00:28:15

uli

Re: This is my website using TXP

Can’t judge it in all its beauty, seems like FF 3.6 is amongst the unsupported browsers: image display comes and goes on the same page, just by scrolling up and down, maybe lazyload.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2010-04-20 00:38:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Nice, sereal. What plugins did you use? The site itself looks really nice. Styling is all good and makes it easy to look at.

The small gripe that I have with it, is that it uses copyrighted material that you have no rights to use. You just can’t use photos taken by Apple nor you can borrow stories and images from other websites. Yes, media does it all the time, but it doesn’t mean it’s right thing to do. You have to add some value or opinion to the content to make it appropriate.

From my standpoint, you should atleast link to the source, or make own critic news or something, and use images that you took or bought, or are open lisenced for commercial use. Btw, translating news doesn’t make it your own. It’s still just a quote and should be treated as one not as a original story.

I’m not saying it’s all bad, but think about it. What if I used your website as it is, just say, like translated it. Don’t take it too seriously I’m just saying.

Last edited by Gocom (2010-04-20 00:44:58)

#4 2010-04-20 00:54:29

sereal

hi

@Uli, thanks, yes it is using lazyload jQuery plugin, I think some browser have problem with it :(

@Gocom: your advice is very useful for me Sir, I copy and pasted to my private notes now, I will put any sources info I took to the website for sure, thank you for telling me this Sir. I will try to be more elaborate on the next posts and any sources will be available to every news later on. Im agree with your advise Sir ! Really Appreciate that.

I use these plugins:

aks_rss,
glx_gravatar,
mem_article_count,
mem_online_users,
rvm_maintenance,
smd_bio,
smd_gallery,
smd_if,
smd_lately,
smd_lib,
smd_query,
wet_recent_comments

Thank you Thank you, I’ll fix it right away !

Last edited by sereal (2010-04-20 01:44:27)

#5 2010-04-20 01:16:05

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Don’t take me too seriously. I’m just saying. :-) Not that I’ve Apple’s C&D button in my keyboard or anything. Just a red key labeled “Nuke” whatever that means.

Last edited by Gocom (2010-04-20 01:17:35)

#6 2010-04-20 01:28:21

sereal

hehe…I got your point Sir !

I love this Forum !

Last edited by sereal (2010-04-20 01:46:14)

#7 2010-04-21 09:40:55

candyman

Very nice especially considering that is your first TXP site!

I’m just curious to know more about importing the forum discussion titles on the bottom…

#8 2010-04-21 14:21:58

sereal

hi candyman, thanks

yes it is my very 1st website using TXP as I explained it above :

about the forum discussions, how to display it on a website, its just an RSS feeds of the newest posts from the forums threads

the forum is using vbulletin forums, I activate the the RSS from the forums to get the newest post, so then I display it to the website using aks_rss

thats all sir, hope it helps

Board footer