Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2010-09-28 22:46:03

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Mild alterations to the Presentation tabs

thebombsite wrote:

What about the idea of being able to switch the tagbuilder columns off in Preferences

Yes, though I’m coming more around to the idea of collapsible panels instead of an actual dedicated pref. It’s more immediate feedback for users and can be stored as a per user pref instantly. Collapse the thing you don’t want and it shrinks away to a tiny arrow or something and the remaining space is used, as you say, by the elastic textarea width. IMO, this should be a design goal of the TXP 5 admin side to allow you to tuck away parts of the interface you don’t use often or if you temporarily need that bit of extra real estate.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-09-28 22:46:24)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#38 2010-09-28 22:48:25

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

c) never got out of the gate. a) is easiest to edit your favourite theme’s css file (or use smd_admin_themes to make a new theme based on your favourite). #tagbuild_links { display:none; } ought to do the trick and then alter the textareas to taste.

Alright, thanks.

thebombsite wrote:

What about the idea of being able to switch the tagbuilder columns off in Preferences and giving those textareas a variable width so that they take up the extra space?

That be cool.

#39 2010-09-28 22:49:45

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Yes that sounds good. At least you know that something goes there even if it isn’t being displayed. Although I don’t use them myself (I just like the extra width) I’m thinking this might also be good for those who like to use some kind of “pretty code” plug-in.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer