Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-03-07 01:40:49

laptophobo
Website

New User won't login

Greetings. This is a new site I’m building. I’m still working from Local Host. (Vista 64 OS). After installing TXP I was prompted to create the first User (me) and all works fine as I started building my site . I then tried to add a new User. When I add them in, it gives me the option to email out the password. This produces an error message. So when I add the user again, but not select “mail it to me” no error message and the new User is now listed. However, when I test to see if I can access the sytem under the new user login, it does not recognize the new user.

Also, and this might be connected, when I (test) comment on my blog I don’t get an email about the comment for approval.

Please help. (Thank you.)

Living the Location-Independent Life: www.NuNomad.com

#2 2010-03-07 02:27:56

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Re: New User won't login

You don’t mention what the error is, but if you’re not running a mailserver locally you’ll run into problems. You’ll either have to test on a live server, or install and setup something like Mercury (bundled with XAMPP ), which can be a bit of pain imho…

Could this be your problem?

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#3 2010-03-07 03:00:02

laptophobo
Website

Could very well be. Sounds logical. Here’s the error message:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at “localhost” port 25, verify your “SMTP” and “smtp_port” setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\meinverzeichnis\xampp\xampp\htdocs\example.dev\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php on line 1107

Living the Location-Independent Life: www.NuNomad.com

#4 2010-03-07 07:06:16

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Yep, that’s exactly what that is… SMTP is the outgoing mail server…

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

Board footer