Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-02-19 18:34:29

th3lonius
Website

problem adding new authors

Creating new authors is no problem. They are listed properly in my Users tab with all of the correct information and I receive no errors. The problem is that they are not receiving the email with login instructions that they are supposed to receive, even though I get a confirmation that an email was sent. Because I see no way to create a password for them they can’t login at all.

Think this is likely an issue with my textpattern installation or do I have a server issue?

#2 2010-02-19 18:56:25

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: problem adding new authors

Do you receive emails when a comment is posted? The issue may be related to this FAQ

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#3 2010-02-19 19:14:21

th3lonius
Website

The site isn’t live yet and I think I have comment email turned off anyway. I have tested my contact form with zem_contact and that works fine. My web host is Unix-based. What php mail settings should I look for myself? I’d rather not contact the host if I can check to see that php mail is configured correctly myself.

#4 2010-02-19 21:07:54

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Have you set the SMTP envelope sender address which is required on some hosts?

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

Board footer