Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-01-27 11:12:57

RedFox
Website

:visited state don't occur ... !?

On this page at the top there’s an article_list navigation with some jquery stuff going on > www.joopvos.nl/acmplus/txp/

The :hover state (red) works fine, but the :visited (purple) doesn’t work. I presume that it has to do with the jquery scrollto script. Is it true that because of such a script the page is refreshing all the time when it is executed so that the :visited state never occurs?

Is it manageable at all?

#2 2010-02-04 10:29:02

uli

Re: :visited state don't occur ... !?

RedFox wrote:

I presume that it has to do with the jquery scrollto script.

Really seems to be the reason, if you remove the script and change the color for visited links from blue(!) to something else the CSS works fine. The script seems to intercept the normal functionality (watch the browser’s URL field not reflecting the anchor names)

Is it manageable at all?

I think so: try this script by Stuart Langridge and see the links change their colors. It’s very easy to implement, just one line of code.

Is it true that because of such a script the page is refreshing all the time when it is executed so that the :visited state never occurs?

No, refreshing the page is unnecessary as the whole page is loaded.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2010-02-04 11:22:14

RedFox
Website

Uli

Thanks a lot. I’ll investigate the new script the next couple of days. Thanks again!

#4 2010-02-04 11:53:49

uli

Welcome, Joop.

I forgot two things: Don’t judge the quality of the script by the demo, the regular distance of the recurring blocks of lorem ipsum produce a moiré effect like these well known reverse rotating carriage wheels in western movies.
You can adjust the scrolling speed by varying the number in the ss.STEPS = 25; line at the bottom of smothscroll.js, higher value -> slower movement.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer