Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-01-08 02:16:43

trailgirl
Website

Have to refresh each page

I’m having problems with my site http://www.madisongreenways.org. I’m running 4.2.0. When I go to the site I get a blank page, when I refresh, it loads without the styles, when I refresh the third time it looks okay. When I go to my textpattern login, I get a blank page, refreshing will bring up the login page. Once I login I get a blank page, which I reload to get into Textpattern. When in textpattern, each page comes up blank unless I reload, except when I run diagnostics: I have tried refreshing the diagnostics page many times but it is always blank. I’m having this problem in both Safari and Firefox. Any ideas?

#2 2010-01-08 14:08:14

els

Re: Have to refresh each page

I see it happening in Firefox as well. Does setting ‘Send Last-Modified header’ in Advanced preferences to ‘no’ make a difference?

#3 2010-01-08 16:50:28

trailgirl
Website

Thanks, I tried setting Send Last-Modified header to no but still having the same problem. I don’t know what to try next.

#4 2010-01-08 17:00:21

els

Do you know when the problem started? After upgrading Txp, adding a plugin, something else…?

#5 2010-01-08 17:12:42

trailgirl
Website

I just noticed it yesterday but had not been to the site in a couple of weeks. I was running 4.0.2 and immediately upgraded to 4.2.0 hoping that would solve the problem. I just ran a test.php and also a test to connect to the database using a php script from http://www.wallpaperama.com/forums/simple-php-mysql-connection-test-script-example-t5702.html That works fine. It seems to be a problem within textpattern or how the database is being accessed from textpattern? I’ve never encountered this before.

#6 2010-01-08 18:05:38

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I think that there might be a server issue here. Checking the validator reveals some inconsistencies such as "Size: (undefined)", not to mention the server details… too many. What are your diagnostics like?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#7 2010-01-08 18:21:34

trailgirl
Website

colak, I think the validator is getting a blank page also. I got a lot of errors when trying to validate from the url but when I did a “show source” on my page and then copied the text into “Validate by direct input” it validated okay.

I wish I could run Textpattern’s diagnostics but I just get a blank page, even after reloading the page multiple times. The other Textpattern pages come up okay after one refresh.

#8 2010-01-08 18:59:32

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

It validates OK I know but these are the steps:

On first try: Validation Output: 1 Error: Error Line 1, Column 1: end of document in prolog

Second try (click show source and then revalidate)

Results:

Modified:	(undefined)
Server:	Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Size:	(undefined)

you have a couple of “undefineds” and too many details regarding the server. Would FrontPage be the culprit?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#9 2010-01-08 19:10:20

trailgirl
Website

I don’t get that error message. I’m using: http://validator.w3.org/ on the source of: http://www.madisongreenways.org Maybe there are some options I am missing?

Interesting, I don’t use FrontPage at all, just Textpattern

#10 2010-01-08 19:36:05

trailgirl
Website

When I run in debugging mode I get a lot of tag errors, would that be causing problems? Not sure what it’s telling me.

tag_error <txp:article_custom form=“recent” limit=“5” section=“Articles” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“desc” listform=“recent” /> -> Textpattern Notice: deprecated_attribute: sortby on line 663
textpattern/publish.php:663 trigger_error()
textpattern/publish.php:903 doArticles()
textpattern/publish.php:893 parseArticles()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 article_custom()
textpattern/publish.php:1028 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:506 parse()
index.php:45 textpattern()

#11 2010-01-08 20:41:07

trailgirl
Website

I replaced all the sortby sortdir tags with sort=“Posted desc” tags. I’m no longer getting any errors when running in debugging mode or testing mode (still have to refresh in those modes too).

I also tried turning off all of the plugins, that didn’t help.

#12 2010-01-08 21:23:08

trailgirl
Website

Okay I think it’s fixed (keeping fingers crossed). I created a new blank database. I renamed config.php and then uploaded the Setup folder. I ran setup and made a new config.php with the new database. The default page came up okay, the textpattern pages all worked fine, even Diagnostics. So I compared the new config.php with my old one (with the real database). The old one had a lot of extraneous information that I removed. I then moved it to config.php and now it seems to work. The text I removed started with “error_reporting(0);” and had lots and lots of variables in it. I don’t know why it broke things after working for so long. Maybe something changed on the server.

Board footer