Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#205 2012-03-16 17:03:11

Sunfoot
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

Hello,

I installed this plugin together with the mulitlingual package MLP. My problem is that the tinyurl does not redirect to the article and ends up in an error page. Has anyone checked if arc_twitter works together with MLP? And if so, is there any solution?

Un saludo, Felix

#206 2012-03-31 15:17:45

maverick
Website

Not sure if it is an error on my side, or changes in Textpattern, but in case it is the latter, the latest vs of arc_twitter is not working with the latest svn of txp. Nothing posts on save (with posting enabled of course). Perhaps the move to using javascript to save broke how arc_twitter works?

#207 2012-04-08 21:25:25

kvnmcwebn
Website

I hate dump a load of error code into a post but here’s what I got.
The plug in is working well as far as displaying tweets on my website. Also the retweet button is sort of working. But it’s throwing a load of errors and the tweet from textpattern twitter tab is not working (as mentioned above maybe.)

In my article write tab left hand column.:

Warning: Table 'db34978_mcmonagle_new.arc_twitter' doesn't exist SELECT tweet_id,tweet FROM arc_twitter WHERE article_id=172; in /.../.../.../.../.../domains/donegalimage.com/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /.../.../.../.../.../donegalimage.com/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 295
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /.../.../.../.../.../domains/donegalimage.com/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 297

and in my twitter tab:

Warning: file_put_contents(//.../.../.../.../.../donegalimage.com/html/textpattern//.../.../.../.../.../domains/donegalimage.com/html/twitter/eb2fc7bd5944e7d0dc31c6247d11515d) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in //.../.../.../.../.../domains/donegalimage.com/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()'d code on line 1153

Last edited by kvnmcwebn (2012-04-08 21:26:00)

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#208 2012-09-12 11:39:29

roughnecks

Hi, i have just upgraded my website to Textpattern 4.5.1 and i have arc_twitter 3.2.1 installed: i am noticing that when i try to twit something from the admin tool, the “Update” button turns grey as soon as i type one letter in the text box. Also it seems that my recent retwits are not shown in the public-side of the site.
Is this a bug? Can you help?
Thanks.

#209 2012-10-08 05:34:49

NickCaldwell
Website

roughnecks wrote:

Hi, i have just upgraded my website to Textpattern 4.5.1 and i have arc_twitter 3.2.1 installed: i am noticing that when i try to twit something from the admin tool, the “Update” button turns grey as soon as i type one letter in the text box. Also it seems that my recent retwits are not shown in the public-side of the site.
Is this a bug? Can you help?
Thanks.

I’ve seen this too. You have to enable and disable the plug-in a few times for it to work again. I can only assume Twitter’s blessedly idiotic API rules are causing problems, but it could be an issue with the plug-in itself.

#210 2012-10-09 17:35:56

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

arc_twitter doesn’t currently support Textpattern 4.5+. I’m aware that there are issues being reported. It is the new Textpattern code rather than the API causing the issues (I believe) as it still works fine on older installs.

If you know of a specific bug/issue with arc_twitter on the latest release of Textpattern it would be a big help if you log it on the plugin’s issues page on Github.

I currently don’t have a lot of time to look into these issues, but will attempt to resolve them ASAP. If anyone wants to submit a patch through Github it would be appreciated. I’m keen to continue supporting arc_twitter.

@NickCaldwell there have been a load of rule changes to the API. I haven’t had much chance to look through them thoroughly but I am aware that they will impact how arc_twitter functions to some extent in the future. :-(

#211 2012-10-10 18:14:49

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

arc_twitter v3.3.0 is out now for anyone using Textpattern 4.5+. It should resolve the problems that people have been experiencing.

In order to get a quick bug-fix release out I’ve temporarily disabled some of the JavaScript functionality of the arc_twitter extension tab but it shouldn’t cause any major issues. The plugin should update Twitter from the Write tab again (thanks to @trenc).

#212 2012-10-11 07:17:50

SuMu
Website

Thank You @monkeyninja :-)

viele Grüße
SuMu

Psychomuell + blogZicke

#213 2012-10-13 08:01:40

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

Hi, I’ve been approached by clients to create a multi-author news portal.

All the contributors have established individual Twitter accounts, that they seem to live on and take very seriously.

They want an article to tweet to the author’s Twitter stream and another to the site’s Twitter stream.

Is this possible to achieve?

I suggested they retweeted the portal’s tweet but they want it to Tweet twice.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#214 2012-10-13 14:26:55

Destry
Website

Andy – just curious. We we’re using one of Twitter’s embed stream scripts on the magazine, and it stopped working sometime in the last few days, at least that’s when I noticed. I then found the Twitter dev information was lo longer available for it, rather they have a new process now where you create a “widget” via the twitter account. That’s what’s currently in the mag homepage now. Did that have anything to do with your plugin stopping recently?

I don’t like the new Twitter timeline widget. It’s an ugly piece of code, and I can’t seem to target the selectors to tame it into something more presentable for the magazine, and it would be a hack anyway that wouldn’t work very well against the responsive ranges of the mag.

All I want is a very clean and flexible output of just two or three tweets; style it all up the way I want, etc. I can do that with arc_twitter?

#215 2012-10-18 11:28:48

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry for the delayed responses. I’ve only just returned from my holidays.

geoff777 wrote:

Hi, I’ve been approached by clients to create a multi-author news portal.

All the contributors have established individual Twitter accounts, that they seem to live on and take very seriously.

They want an article to tweet to the author’s Twitter stream and another to the site’s Twitter stream.

Is this possible to achieve?

I suggested they retweeted the portal’s tweet but they want it to Tweet twice.

Simple answer is no. A similar request has been made in the past, but in order to achieve this would involve a lot of code changes. I basically don’t have the time to develop the code in this direction especially as it looks like Twitter’s API is going to be forcing development of the plugin in other directions. I’d also be concerned that it would make arc_twitter unnecessarily complicated to use for the majority.

Destry wrote:

Andy – just curious. We we’re using one of Twitter’s embed stream scripts on the magazine, and it stopped working sometime in the last few days, at least that’s when I noticed. I then found the Twitter dev information was lo longer available for it, rather they have a new process now where you create a “widget” via the twitter account. That’s what’s currently in the mag homepage now. Did that have anything to do with your plugin stopping recently?

I don’t like the new Twitter timeline widget. It’s an ugly piece of code, and I can’t seem to target the selectors to tame it into something more presentable for the magazine, and it would be a hack anyway that wouldn’t work very well against the responsive ranges of the mag.

All I want is a very clean and flexible output of just two or three tweets; style it all up the way I want, etc. I can do that with arc_twitter?

The basic arc_twitter tag should let you output a controlled number of tweets and style them as you like. However, Twitter are changing the API and the usage rules. They are going to attempt to force API users to display tweets in a particular format/layout much like the new widget. Basically they want the avatars and “reply”, “retweet”, “favourite” links showing for each tweet. I haven’t fully investigated this but fear it will mean the plugin will need to start doing this. It may have consequences for everyone using the plugin I’m afraid.

#216 2012-10-22 10:12:12

Destry
Website

Thanks for the reply, Andy!

Board footer