Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2009-10-01 11:58:07

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: bot_admin_tooltips

uli wrote:

The list seems only valid for woof. For me it’s working with the exception of the admin/users tab. I’ll try more later, there’s no chance of playing today.

uli, have you read the edit in this post. This appears indeed as a bug (doesn’t work for me too). I’ll fix it with the next release

towndock wrote:

This is a sweet, elegant plug in. Thank you.

Well… thank you

#26 2009-10-01 12:17:22

woof

This is strange — I installed FF 3.0.1.4 and still see the problems

In my case the only difference to the recap you posted Redbot is point 3 – now the full code is visible in the source – weird because it definately wasn’t earlier, I’m sure because I saved the source at the time.

I’m beginning to think I’m alone here and the problem is local. I think unless anyone else can report the same behaviour you should ignore it. I’m going to try a clean txp installation and see what happens and let you know. Thanks everyone.

#27 2009-10-01 12:20:55

redbot
Plugin Author

maniqui wrote:

Probably not related, but on the code posted by woof, this line <script src="/js/jquery.qtip-1.0.0-rc3.min.js"></script> is repeated. Not optimal, and maybe it triggers some quirky behaviour?

Hi Julián,
that’s a good suggestion, thank you. I’ll investigate further when I can.

#28 2009-10-01 13:06:40

FireFusion

I just installed this and it was working fine. Then i installed glz_custom_fields and it’s not working anymore.

txp pop-ups aren’t being replaced in the write tab (haven’t checked others yet.

Windows, Firefox 3.5.3 and TXP 4.2

Last edited by FireFusion (2009-10-01 13:21:32)

#29 2009-10-01 13:25:34

FireFusion

Feature request

Add HTML or textile ability to tooltips. Recreating the Admin|Privileges help is hard without lists or line breaks :P

One usability request is to either move the uninstall option to it’s own options page under the plugins tab or add another big red “update” button at the bottom of the list. Evey time i make a change i’m afraid i’ll hit “uninstall” instead of “update” :(

Last edited by FireFusion (2009-10-01 14:03:15)

#30 2009-10-01 13:39:32

woof

An update:

I created a brand new txp install at a different location
  1. installed and activated bot_admin_tooltips,
  2. added some tips to the write tab. — Works fine
  3. installed and activated glz_custom_fields. — No longer works in ff or opera

Up to now I had only added tips to the write tab. So I then tried tips in all the other tab options
They all work! (excepting the prob with the Admin tab which is known)

So this mac FF problem seems to be confined to tips on the write tab only

#31 2009-10-01 14:07:15

redbot
Plugin Author

FireFusion wrote:

I just installed this and it was working fine. Then i installed glz_custom_fields and it’s not working anymore.

Ok. Have you tried uninstalling it (after pressing the “uninstall” button) and reinstalling again? And clearing the cache? Do tou have hak_tinymce installed?

One usability request is to either move the uninstall option to it’s own options page under the plugins tab or add another big red “update” button at the bottom of the list. Evey time i make a change i’m afraid i’ll hit “uninstall” instead of “update” :(

Yes I know, I placed the button on the top because when you have defined 20 tooltips you don’t want to scroll everytime to the bottom. Furthermore an html form shouldn’t have more than one submit I think. Anyway I’ll see if I come up with a better idea.

Add HTML or textile ability to tooltips. Recreating the Admin|Privileges help is hard without lists or line breaks :P

1) linebreaks should work out-of-the-box
2) there is html ability out-of-the-box too (so you can put links in text, for example)
3) I don’t think I’ll add textile. All in all you are supposed to write tooltips only once in a while…

Last edited by redbot (2009-10-01 14:12:40)

#32 2009-10-01 14:33:58

FireFusion

redbot wrote:

FireFusion wrote:

Ok. Have you tried uninstalling it (after pressing the “uninstall” button) and reinstalling again? And clearing the cache? Do tou have hak_tinymce installed?

Yep i just tried and get the same problem. I get this problem on two different sites local and remote. One has hak_tinymce and the other doesn’t. Both have glz_custom_fields.

I’m getting very random behavior from the different tabs. Some have no tooltips, other have some and in this case both

Last edited by FireFusion (2009-10-01 14:39:39)

#33 2009-10-01 14:38:49

RedFox
Website

Thank you @redbot … this is a very nice plug-in … very handy for some sites and some clients.

Is it possible that I can change [ ? ] into some other characters or even an image?

Last edited by RedFox (2009-10-01 14:53:01)

#34 2009-10-01 14:44:01

FireFusion

redbot wrote:

1) linebreaks should work out-of-the-box
2) there is html ability out-of-the-box too (so you can put links in text, for example)
3) I don’t think I’ll add textile. All in all you are supposed to write tooltips only once in a while…

I tried to but in a link and it got shallowed rather then entered. I see now that other HTML works. I don’t need links anyway :)

Last edited by FireFusion (2009-10-01 15:37:27)

#35 2009-10-01 16:25:21

redbot
Plugin Author

RedFox wrote:

Is it possible that I can change [ ? ] into some other characters or even an image?

Sure. As I wrote in the plugin help each tooltip has a class of “bot_tip” (yes it’s a stupid name, I forgot to change it) so you can do whatever you want adding a few lines in textpattern.css.

edit: actually – while you can change the look of the anchor as you like – you can’t change the anchor into some other characters if not modifyng the plugins code (just a line). If you really need it ask me and I’ll tell you how.

Last edited by redbot (2009-10-01 16:46:07)

#36 2009-10-01 16:39:42

redbot
Plugin Author

FireFusion wrote:

I’m getting very random behavior from the different tabs. Some have no tooltips, other have some and in this case both

Hi,
Can you give more details? Maybe this has to do with the repeated jquery outlined by maniqui.
Which other plugins are you using?
Does the site with hak_tinymce have the “Show editor toggle” option set to “yes”?
When you are experiencing the problem shown in the picture I presume you have the “hide pophelps” option set to “yes” otherwise this is the correct behaviour.

I hope to solve these problems soon, thanks for the help.

Board footer