Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-09-10 19:41:23

TWD

Moving installation troubles

I’m copying over a Textpattern installation to a free host that I use for theme fiddling. Here’s what I did:

1. Export MySQL from original site.
2. Copy all TxP files from original site
3. Import MySQL into test site.
4. Copy files to test site.
5. Edit config.php to change the database info and site path.

I login, go to Admin and change the site URL there, along with the /files location, save and click view site… which leads to an error page. Then I head to the diagnostic…

path_to_site is inaccessible: (original site path)
(original site path)/index.php is inaccessible
Image directory is not writable: (original site path/images)
File directory path is not writable: (correct path, since I inputted this in advanced prefs)
.htaccess file is missing (… but the .htaccess is right there along with index.php and css.php and the file, image, textpattern, and rpc directories)

Other things that it comes up with, which may be relevant:

Apache module mod_rewrite is not installed
The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: show_source, set_time_limit, ini_restore, mysql_list_dbs, ini_alter, pfsockopen, openlog, syslog, symlink, link, chgrp, leak, escapeshellcmd, apache_child_terminate, apache_get_modules, apache_get_version, apache_getenv, apache_note, apache_setenv, virtual, mb_send_mail
clean_url_data_failed: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>

I’ve done this before (to the same host) and as far as I can remember, the steps I took worked fine. I tried upgrading to 4.20 there, and things got all screwed up so I figured I’d upgrade on the original site (no problems there) and then copy over the installation again.

I have tried digging into the database and manually changing references to the original site path, but the image and file directories are still not writable (even if I CHMOD to 777) and the homepage still produces an error.

#2 2009-09-10 22:07:31

els

Re: Moving installation troubles

Looks like you’re at least missing a couple of PHP functions that Txp uses.
About showing the old paths in diagnostics, I’ve seen that before when moving a site. I don’t know why exactly, but it usually took a while (couple of hours, a day?) before it picked up the right document root.
Did you try if it works with messy URLs?

#3 2009-09-10 22:27:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

TWD wrote:

I login, go to Admin and change the site URL there, along with the /files location, save and click view site… which leads to an error page. Then I head to the diagnostic…

• The error might be?
  • The diagnostics data?

Els wrote:

I don’t know why exactly, but it usually took a while (couple of hours, a day?) before it picked up the right document root.

There isn’t a exact time when it “could” update the paths ;) PHP doesn’t do things like that without help of 3rd party.

For the preferences, absolute server path is autogenerated if server supports it. The preferences db table is updated if settings are unset or won’t match the thing generated by server. Update procedure is loaded when index pages are requested. Everything special must be manually updated to the table via Prefs tab.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-09-10 22:47:34)

#4 2009-09-10 23:07:30

els

Gocom wrote:

There isn’t a exact time when it “could” update the paths ;) PHP doesn’t do things like that without help of 3rd party.

I didn’t really think it would ;) Still, it’s what I experienced. It was with a host I left a long time ago though, so I can’t even try to reproduce it.

#5 2009-09-11 00:17:00

TWD

Gocom wrote:

TWD wrote:

• The error might be?
  • The diagnostics data?

The diagnostic data is given in my opening post. :) I can’t say what the error was because the host just redirects any error pages to its homepage.

I changed it to messy URLs, which gets rid of the .htaccess error but still leaves things wacky.

These PHP warnings also show up on the diagnostics page:
Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/a4580512/public_html/txp/textpattern/include/txp_diag.php on line 143
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/a4580512/public_html/txp/textpattern/include/txp_diag.php on line 99 (this one goes away if I use messy URLs)

The PHP functions I’m not so worried about, because I know textpattern has worked on this host just fine without them (and with clean permalinks).

I’ll try waiting a day and seeing if these things resolve themselves…

Last edited by TWD (2009-09-11 00:18:42)

#6 2009-09-11 00:36:22

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

TWD wrote:

The diagnostic data is given in my opening post. :)

There are just the diag notifications, not the diag itself which I’m asking for, for a reason.

TWD wrote:

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/a4580512/public_html/txp/textpattern/include/txp_diag.php on line 143

Your host has limited absolute paths that you can access via PHP, and as PHP is trying to access restricted area (temp directory, which stores temp data), well it just can’t.

TWD wrote:

The PHP functions I’m not so worried about, because I know textpattern has worked on this host just fine without them (and with clean permalinks).

Which version?

I can’t say what the error was because the host just redirects any error pages to its homepage.

So your browser doesn’t even get to see the headers? Advice, if the host does something like that, the host isn’t worth of being paid. Or is the space free? It must be.

#7 2009-09-12 17:02:54

TWD

Ah, sorry about that. Diagnostic is below. I was running 4.0.8 without trouble. (And yeah, the host is free. It worked for what I needed… a testing playground)

Textpattern version: 4.2.0 (r3275)
Last Update: 2009-09-10 17:02:30/2009-09-10 18:26:30
Document root: /usr/local/apache/htdocs ()
$path_to_site: (original site path)
Textpattern path: (path to current /textpattern dir)
Permanent link mode: section_title
open_basedir: /home/:/usr/lib/php:/tmp
upload_tmp_dir: /tmp
Temporary directory path: /tmp
Site URL: thetest.host22.com/txp
PHP version: 5.2.10
GD Image Library: version bundled (2.0.34 compatible), supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG
Server TZ: America/Los_Angeles
Server Local Time: 2009-09-12 10:00:17
DST enabled?: 1
auto_dst: 1
Time Zone: America/New_York (-18000)
MySQL: 5.0.67-community
Locale: en_US.UTF-8
Server: Apache
Apache version:
PHP Server API: apache2handler
RFC 2616 headers:
Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5
Active plugins: glx_gravatar-2008.1, ob1_pagination-2.5, cha_comment_reply-0.98-r357
theme_name: classic 4.2.0

Pre-flight check:
(see opening post)

Last edited by TWD (2009-09-12 17:04:02)

#8 2009-09-15 18:31:56

TWD

Well, I tried doing a fresh install of 4.0.8 and that… didn’t work. I guess in between the time that I last used it and now, the host changed its policies a bit.

So I guess this thread can be locked or just dumped. :)

Last edited by TWD (2009-09-15 18:32:45)

Board footer