Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-09-05 18:53:40

Kaas

All images disappeared in imagelist

I am puzzled by what happened just a few days ago.

I was just getting back to the website to upload some pictures via the upload function of textpattern, where I found out that somehow all the pictures got deleted. I checked the site, but they somehow still exist. I go on and check the map on the FTP where the images are uploaded to and everything still there.

So, I thought, this may not be a major problem. Then I stumble upon another problem. I can’t upload images anymore. The permissions are set right, the code redirects to the right location… I just don’t get it.

Can some one please help me out here?

#2 2009-09-05 19:01:25

masa

Re: All images disappeared in imagelist

I’m not a developer, but if you can still see them browsing via FTP, I don’t think you need to worry much.

Has the hosting company made any changes recently?

Do you get any error messages in the Diagnostics tab?

#3 2009-09-05 19:20:07

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi Kaas,

Check your database via phpNyAdmin or rss_admin_db_manager. You might have a corruption which – most of the times – is repairable.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2009-09-26 17:56:33

Kaas

I’m sorry for the late reaction.

After installing RSS_ADMIN_DB_MANAGER I wanted to fix it, but somehow the plugin is non accessible. And as far as I know, the hosting didn’t change a thing. There are errors, but nothing that is related to this problem.

Help me, please. :)

#5 2009-09-26 18:22:09

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Kaas wrote:

…but somehow the plugin is non accessible.

Hi Kaas
did you install and activate it? Can you be slightly more descriptive?
Also can you please post your diagnostics?

Help me, please. :)

the people in this forum will help you through this:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2009-09-26 19:05:10

els

Kaas wrote:

that somehow all the pictures got deleted.

I take it this means you can’t see them anymore in the Images tab?

If you can’t get rss_db_manager to work, check the table in phpMyAdmin, through your host’s admin panel. If the table still exists and has content, there is a ‘Repair’ option you can use.

#7 2009-09-26 19:36:39

Kaas

@Colak I activated it and it told me that this area is locked. Or in Dutch “Afgesloten gedeelte”.

The Diagnostics are:

- File directory path is not writable: /usr/home/deb21752/domains/(website)/public_html/files

- /usr/home/deb21752/domains/(website)/public_html/textpattern/setup/ still exists

- The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: proc_get_status, proc_nice, proc_terminate, pcntl_exec

@Els Yes, I’m sorry, I meant that I can’t see the images in the image tab. And well, the table txp_img still exists, but without content. I’ve did a repair, but that didn’t help much.

Last edited by Kaas (2009-09-26 19:38:12)

#8 2009-09-26 20:33:35

els

Kaas wrote:

the table txp_img still exists, but without content. I’ve did a repair, but that didn’t help much.

No, if the table is empty a repair won’t help you… I don’t know how it could have ended up empty, but since it is, the only thing you can do now is re-upload your images. I hope there are not too many of them… Upload them in the same order as before, and make sure that the auto_increment field under ‘table options’ (in phpMyAdmin) is set to 1 before you start.
Or do you happen to have a backup of the database? In that case you could restore only the txp_image table.

#9 2009-09-26 21:41:19

Kaas

Well, the images are still in database, because I can see them on the website. But somehow they are not visible in phpMyAdmin and the image tab.
The second problem is that whenever I want to upload a picture it tells me to check the permissions. When I go check them, the permissions are set on 777. I just don’t get it.

And a huge thanks for the quick reactions! :)

#10 2009-09-26 21:45:44

Kaas

Ho! I found something else. When I want to upload the pictures it tells me this:

“/usr/home/deb21752/domains/(website)/public_html/images/2.jpg directory permissions need to be checked”

Does that mean txp tries to upload the images to /images/2.jpg? Because that is not a directory, that’s a file. But when I look in the advanced preference tab it says that all images will be uploaded to the /images directory.

#11 2009-09-26 23:50:04

els

Kaas wrote:

Well, the images are still in database, because I can see them on the website.

You can see them on the website because the images are still in your /images/ folder. The database table only contains the images’ properties, like name/number, category, width, height etcetera, not the actual images. So you can loose the table and still see your images.

The second problem is that whenever I want to upload a picture it tells me to check the permissions. When I go check them, the permissions are set on 777. I just don’t get it.

Not sure, but it might be possible that this occurs because the images are still in your /images/ folder, and uploading the ‘new’ images would need to overwrite the already existing ones. Txp wouldn’t expect that situation I think. If you remove the existing images from the /images/ folder, do you still get the same message?

Board footer