Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-08-03 10:27:50

claudia
Website

kgr_safe_excerpt plugin problem

i tryied to use the kgr_safe_excerpt plugin. i uploaded it and used the tag in the form of the articles. before i used it in only in the template.

when i used it in the form, i had only one article on the front page, where i wanted it to be, but the other articles dissapeared.
in the page of the article itself, the link “read more

Last edited by claudia (2004-08-03 10:28:45)

#2 2004-08-03 20:25:11

KurtRaschke
Plugin Author

Re: kgr_safe_excerpt plugin problem

Hmm. Well, it looks like this is primarily a template issue. I’m not sure exactly how you’ve got your templates and forms set up, but assuming you want to have article excerpts only on the front page and then full articles on the section page, you’d want to do something like this:

• Create a new article form to use when displaying the excerpts. That form will contain the &lt;txp:kgr_safe_excerpt /> tag, as well as whatever else you want to display with the excerpt (title, timestamp, etc.). Then, on the front page, use a <code>&lt;txp:article form=“name”/></code> tag, replacing “name” with the name of the article form you just created.
  • Then, create another new article form to use for displaying the full article, and include that form on your section page, again with a <code>&lt;txp:article /></code> tag.

As far as the PHP error you’re getting, I’m not sure why you’re getting that. If, however, you’re using the excerpt tag in a page template, as opposed to an article form, then that might result in that sort of problem. I can’t recreate the problem on my TXP installation, although of course if you remove the plugin then the problem should go away entirely…I don’t think there’s any need to reinstall Textpattern.

-Kurt

Last edited by KurtRaschke (2004-08-03 20:27:22)

kurt@kurtraschke.com

#3 2004-08-03 21:27:06

claudia
Website

wonderfull!!!

i didn’t solve the error problem yet, BUT
with your help i MANAGED to have an expert in the 1st page!!! tXS
(very happy) claudia

#4 2004-08-03 22:18:57

claudia
Website

but…. in case you feel like helping me a bit more:

i get not the exerpt, but the whole article where i want to have the exerpt…
how can i change it? have an expert of few lines on the home page and the article when you click on the (read more) link?

txs!

Board footer