Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-06-03 21:13:58

ecctyc

[resolved] New Installation from previous - bug help!

1. - I am not a developer.
  1. - I am helping a non-profit re-establish there previous working version of textpattern and existing content from host B (now turned off by previous webmaster with a grudge) to host A.
  1. - Steps followed:

a: Installed a clean textpattern as directed
b: Modified .htaccess file (RewriteRule ^(.) index.php —> RewriteRule ^(.) /index.php) to get working on 1and1 server
c: Starting uploading previous tables over new tables 1 by 1

Content was displaying at the beginning, but the CSS wasn’t – as I continued updating table by table – at some point the content stopped displaying and the CSS appeared. Where I am now!!

I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE any technical support – I will even provide a support log-in for you. The url is http://s285097875.onlinehome.us

Please email me directly.

#2 2009-06-03 21:52:07

els

Re: [resolved] New Installation from previous - bug help!

It doesn’t look that bad, only your articles seem to be missing. Articles are in the ‘textpattern’ table, you could try to import that table again. It’s also possible that the forms (that display the articles) are missing, so check the ‘txp_forms’ table as well. If it doesn’t help, can you switch the site to ‘debug’ mode (Admin > preferences), and post the tag trace that you can find in the page’s source code, after the closing </html> tag.

#3 2009-06-03 23:13:22

ecctyc

OK Update –

It seems that the previous version relied on a hack by the previous website administrator that was specifically setup for 4.0.7!!

He created a table (code below) and then in the txp_page are 4.0.7 specific attributes:

all said and done I think I need to get 4.0.7 downloaded and installed first and then see if I can upgrade – where can I get 4.0.7????????

________________________________-

//—————————————————————-\r\nfunction hak_tinymce_upgrade($installedversion) {\r\n if ($installedversion != ‘‘0.7’‘) {\r\n\r\n $hak_mceSettings_compressor = “theme : \\“simple,advanced\\”,\\n”;\r\n $hak_mceSettings_compressor .= “plugins : \\“searchreplace,-txpimage\\”,\\n”;\r\n $hak_mceSettings_compressor .= “disk_cache : true,\\n”;\r\n $hak_mceSettings_compressor .= “languages : \\“en\\”,\\n”;\r\n $hak_mceSettings_compressor .= “debug : false”;\r\n \r\n $hak_tinymce_prefs[“use_compressor”] = ‘‘0’‘;\r\n $hak_tinymce_prefs[“compressor_init”] = $hak_mceSettings_compressor;\r\n \r\n if (!safe_field(“pref_name”, ‘‘txp_hak_tinymce’‘, “pref_name = ‘‘version’‘”)) {\r\n safe_insert(“txp_hak_tinymce”,“pref_name=’‘version’‘, pref_value=’‘0.7’‘”);\r\n } else {\r\n safe_update(‘‘txp_hak_tinymce’‘, “pref_value = ‘‘0.7’‘”, “pref_name = ‘‘version’‘”);\r\n }\r\n \r\n

—————————————————-

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `txp_hak_tinymce` ( `pref_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `pref_value` text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`pref_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

— Dumping data for table `txp_hak_tinymce`

INSERT INTO `txp_hak_tinymce` (`pref_name`, `pref_value`) VALUES
(‘show_toggle’, ‘1’),
(‘hide_on_textile_edit’, ‘1’),
(‘body_init’, ‘theme : “advanced”,\r\nlanguage : “en”,\r\nconvert_fonts_to_spans : “true”,\r\nrelative_urls : “false”,\r\nremove_script_host : “false”,\r\nplugins : “searchreplace,txpimage”,\r\ntheme_advanced_buttons1 : “bold,italic,underline,separator,numlist,bullist,outdent,indent,separator,link,unlink,separator,formatselect,removeformat,”,\r\ntheme_advanced_buttons2 : “”,\r\ntheme_advanced_buttons3 : “”,\r\ntheme_advanced_toolbar_location : “top”,\r\ntheme_advanced_toolbar_align : “left”,\r\nheight:“420”,’),
(‘excerpt_init’, ‘theme : “advanced”,\r\nlanguage : “en”,\r\nconvert_fonts_to_spans : “true”,\r\nrelative_urls : “false”,\r\nremove_script_host : “false”,\r\nplugins : “searchreplace,txpimage”,\r\ntheme_advanced_buttons1 : “bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,forecolor,backcolor,removeformat,numlist,bullist,outdent,indent,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull”,\r\ntheme_advanced_buttons2 : “link,unlink,separator,image,separator,search,replace,separator,cut,copy,paste,separator,code,separator,formatselect”,\r\ntheme_advanced_buttons3 : “”,\r\ntheme_advanced_toolbar_location : “top”,\r\ntheme_advanced_toolbar_align : “left”,\r\nheight:“150”,’),
(‘callbacks’, ‘’),
(‘tinymce_path’, ‘tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js’),
(‘hide_textile_select’, ‘0’),
(‘enable_body’, ‘0’),
(‘enable_excerpt’, ‘0’),
(‘version’, ‘0.7’),
(‘use_compressor’, ‘0’),
(‘compressor_init’, ‘theme : “simple,advanced”,\r\nplugins : “searchreplace,-txpimage”,\r\ndisk_cache : true,\r\nlanguages : “en”,\r\ndebug : false’);

#4 2009-06-03 23:23:34

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

The “0.7” in the code you quote, and the table, pertains to the hak_tinymce plugin, not the Txp version.

Put the site into debugging mode and it will make it much to diagnose the problem(s).

Code is topiary

#5 2009-06-04 18:39:08

ecctyc

I turned on debug but this is the only error message:

Tag error: <txp:zem_prblock type=“external”> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104

Tag error: <txp:zem_prblock type=“external”> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104

Tag error: <txp:glx_recent_articles limit=“7” sortby=“Posted” zebra=“odd” section=“news” /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104

Tag error: <txp:zem_event_list all_categories=“1” date_from=“now” date_to=”+52 weeks” form=“zem_event_display_subcol” /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104

Tag error: <txp:upm_datetime format=”%Y”/> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104

#6 2009-06-04 18:44:05

ecctyc

Also I get two errors in pre-flight: but the files directory is 777:

Textpattern version: 4.0.8 (r3085)
Last Update: 2009-02-03 23:55:03/2009-05-18 20:32:51
Document root: /kunden/homepages/43/d285097860/htdocs (/homepages/43/d285097860/htdocs)
$path_to_site: /homepages/43/d285097860/htdocs
Textpattern path: /homepages/43/d285097860/htdocs/textpattern
Permanent link mode: title_only
Temporary directory path: /tmp
Site URL: s285097875.onlinehome.us
PHP version: 4.4.9
Register globals: 1
GD Image Library: version bundled (2.0.28 compatible), supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG
Server Local Time: 2009-06-04 14:43:18
MySQL: 5.0.81-log
Locale: en_US.UTF-8
Server: Apache
PHP Server API: cgi
RFC 2616 headers:
Server OS: Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Tue Dec 18 22:34:10 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Tue Dec 18 22:34:10 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Pre-flight check:
————————————
File directory path is not writable: files
Old placeholder file is in the way: /homepages/43/d285097860/htdocs/files
Site URL preference might be incorrect: www.ecc2yc.org
————————————

.htaccess file contents:
————————————
DirectoryIndex index.php

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico RewriteRule ^(.*) /index.php

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} !^$ RewriteRule .* – [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0
————————————

#7 2009-06-04 18:45:35

ecctyc

If someone want sto log in and look at this I’m happy to supply an admin username and password. The url is http://s285097875.onlinehome.us

Thanks in advance!!

#8 2009-06-04 19:34:57

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Note the distinction between Testing and Debugging modes. In Debugging, there is a complete tag trace (commented out so it’s only visible in HTML source view), allowing you (or others) to see what tags are attempting to do what.

From your error messages, there are several plugins the site depends on that are either not installed or disabled. Highly likely that the missing glx_recent_articles is the reason for the missing content. Check Admin->Plugins to see if you have this plugin and that it is enabled. If not, install or enable it and see if you get your content back.

Code is topiary

#9 2009-06-04 20:28:15

ecctyc

OMG! The plugins page is EMPTY!

How do I install plugins!! Where do I get them?

#10 2009-06-04 20:59:31

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

You could try loading the old plugins table; that would be simplest. Otherwise, check out Textpattern Resources.

Code is topiary

#11 2009-06-04 21:04:31

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Not to mention TextBook to find, among other info, how to install plugins

Code is topiary

#12 2009-06-05 18:39:37

ecctyc

There was nothing in the old plugins tables. I did try to install glx_recent_articles but the link in the archives is bad – I downloaded drus_articles instead and installed it but nothing!

Board footer