Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-05-18 21:39:56

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Unescaped filename in file upload?

Is it possible to upload filenames containing apostrophes in TXP? I just tried to upload such a file and received an SQL error from safe_insert() but I’m not sure if it’s a bug or a feature.

The error was reportedly from line 523 of txp_file.php but if I was a betting man I’d say it was probably lack of doSlash() in the file_insert() function when using $newname; it’s passed verbatim to the file_db_add() function. Perhaps apostrophes in filenames are just not a good idea; can anyone confirm this? In that case I’ll add a caveat to Textbook’s Content->Files page.

fwiw, I’m running r3195.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-05-18 21:40:30)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2009-05-18 22:33:17

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Unescaped filename in file upload?

I think it’s a bug-feature :) It’s something because of txp_db.php and parsing apostrophes in tags’ attr . Hard to explain my thought, but try to read this topic about using custom order in sort attr.

Last edited by the_ghost (2009-05-18 22:33:41)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

Board footer