Website

Re: msd_google_map: Easily associate a location with your articles

Thanks Matt!

#98 2011-08-17 22:13:04

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Today I updated the plugin due to an error I was seeing in IE.

• v2.0.3 – fix error in IE when trying to add onunload event of GUNLOAD.

See Original Post for download links and info

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#99 2011-08-17 22:14:14

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

photonomad wrote:

I am having a problem with the 2.0.2 version of msd_google_map.

Are you still seeing this issue? What browser are you using? Are you using the standard Textpattern theme?

(Sorry for not looking at this sooner).

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#100 2012-02-28 14:37:28

lonelytraveller

Hello Matt,
I’ve been using your plug-in for a while now, and it works flawlessly. However recently I made a back-up on of the sites I created for a client, just to test some new features and make sure that the upgrade TXP to 4.4.1 version worked before pushing everything on the live server.
The problem is I lost Google Maps v2 API key I made for my local install, and the new one I generated from the new Google API console just won’t work in the publish form (I get an alert telling me that v2 API is disabled or my key is not valid). The maps on the front-end work as expected, but I can’t add new maps in the front end or edit the old ones on my local install. I guess I’d have the same problem with a fresh install on a new domain with a brand new key generated from the console.
Just for the record, I activated v2 API from Google API console so in theory the new key should work.

I was wondering if migrating to Google Maps v3 API was a big deal, ‘cause v2 is officially deprecated since 2010 and will eventually die in 2013. I tried to edit the plug-in and change the link to Google Maps API, but then the back-end keeps throwing me alert about an invalid API key. Is there any other part of the plug-in that needs to be hacked in order to get v3 API to work?

#101 2012-02-28 16:34:58

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I really need to re-write all the javascript, which currently is intertwinned with PHP, to implement v3. It’s something I’ve been meaning to do and I’ve started it more than once but I haven’t had the chance to complete it.

My Plugins

#102 2012-02-28 18:11:00

lonelytraveller

Thanks Matt, I understand. All you plug-in developers are doing a great job for the community, releasing software for free.
I don’t know much about PHP or Javascript so I cannot offer my help, but if you need to do some testing with your code I’ll be more than happy to be a beta tester.

#103 2012-02-28 20:22:24

candyman

I agree with lonelytraveller. On my site is still running OK, didn’t know about v3 API.
Many thanks for this great plugin.

#104 2012-08-16 14:05:33

peterj

Hi, ran into a similar problem to Lonelytraveller, I upgraded a site from 4.3.0 to 4.4.1 and the map stopped working in the write tab. Made me realise how much I miss it!
I had a chrome inspector error as follows: Refused to display document because display forbidden by X-Frame-Options.
Found a solution to that at stackoverflow: add this to source link: &output=embed
Alas this didn’t work (at line 251, v2.0.2).
Anyway, will look closer when I have a moment. Thanks for the work you did on this one, much appreciated.

#105 2012-08-16 15:53:42

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t think I’ll have time to make any changes to this plugin. If I do it’d best be spent updating it to v3 of the google api.

I don’t think Google is letting new api keys use v2.

My Plugins

#106 2012-08-21 13:57:32

peterj

I had a look at the Google API centre. Everything had changed… again. You can select V2 and V3, and get a key to use them both… least that’s how I think it works. https://code.google.com/apis/console
V2 will continue to work until May 2013. https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/

#107 2012-08-21 17:24:59

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Iterestingly enough, the current version is working for me today in TXP 4.5.0-beta (r4033)
using the classic theme.

Using Internet Explorer 8 even.

My Plugins

#108 2012-11-29 20:32:35

gfdesign

Hi Matt
What I should put on Google Map API Key field?
I’m not sure where get API code for your plugin due to this is for V2

Whit this version, I always get this message:

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application. The provided key is not a valid Google API Key, or it is not authorized for the Google Maps Javascript API v2 on this site. If you are the owner of this application, you can learn about obtaining a valid key here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/introduction.html#Obtaining_Key

I’m using TXP 4.5.2
Thanks in advanced

Board footer