Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-03-03 15:44:19

ToK
Plugin Author

tok_osm_leaflet

I just made my first few lines of code available to the public — it’s a plugin for the textpattern cms:

tok_osm_leaflet displays a map based on OpenStreetMap data using the leaflet javascript library. Width and height of map div are configurable and of course the portion to be shown. A marker may be set on the landscape for adding a textual comment. A detailed instruction with examples is included on the plugins help page.

You find this plugin at github

I’d be glad, if someone would have a look, if it works as expected and the documentation makes sense, before I’ll add it to the textpattern resources page.

TIA

10.4.2015: released version 0.3

New Features

• It is now possible to have multiple maps per page
  • Locally stored (and maybe customized) code and style can be used

Last edited by ToK (2015-04-09 22:28:01)

#2 2014-03-03 23:34:27

uli

Re: tok_osm_leaflet

Hi Torsten,

thanks for this plugin, it’s super easy to apply: copy the tag, enter the coordinates, view.
The help text is detailed and understandable, perfect. (Total OSM beginners might want to know how to get the coordinates, though.)

Now I’d like to ask for a silly thing: please exchange the lat and lon attributes, my first attempt for Cologne threw me into the Indian Ocean, and the correct values for Paris did likewise. I checked thrice, seems like they’re both swapped, for marker and center. (Don’t forget to adjust the examples on the help page.)

Thanks again for all your work on this!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2014-03-04 13:26:07

ToK
Plugin Author

Re: tok_osm_leaflet

Wow, I mixed up latitude and longitude — that’s quite heavy in a map plugin. Should be corrected now. Thank you for your attention.

Board footer