Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2010-03-17 23:14:12

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: msd_google_map: Easily associate a location with your articles

Does anyone know if the id for a custom field is always custom-#? Is it different in different languages? If not I could add some validation or make it a bit more intuitive.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#74 2010-03-19 14:33:28

afewimages

Hi,

its me again. Does anyone know how to style the balloons? There is this gmno class to a div but that is a style used for many page divs. The ballons are way to long and text is falling outside of the ballon. Is there a way to have more grip on the design?

thanks, Steven.

#75 2010-03-19 16:15:33

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

afewimages wrote:

Hi,

its me again. Does anyone know how to style the balloons? There is this gmno class to a div but that is a style used for many page divs. The ballons are way to long and text is falling outside of the ballon. Is there a way to have more grip on the design?

thanks, Steven.

Just to avoid confusion for future readers/users I want to make it clear that this question is not truly related to the msd_google_map plug-in which does not use the balloons afewimages is referring to.

However, take a look at ExtInfoWindow which “…lets you add an info window to the map which mimics GInfoWindow and allows for users to skin it via CSS.”

Last edited by MattD (2010-03-19 16:16:12)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#76 2010-03-25 04:49:52

tye
Website

I’m having some problems installing this I think.

When I go the the write tab – I have the show/hide map and the custom fields, but the map shows a blank screen with no zoom or initial position shown – is that what should happen?

The Address lookup works, but after reading the thread, I thought that I clicked on the map and the lat, long fields would be filled out with the coordinates (is that what should happen)

Which ever way – I seem to be missing the: intial map, zoom controls and marker.

I have a Google maps API which I have entered into the preferences.
I have created 2 custom fields (lat,long) – do they have to be called that?
I am using custom fields 8 & 9 as the others are taken – should this effect anything?

I tried disabling all my plugins and only using this and glx_custom_fields, but that didn’t work neither :( here is my Diagnostics

Any ideas?

#77 2010-03-25 05:16:55

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

What do you have entered for ID of Latitude Custom Field and ID of Longitude Custom Field?

You can name the custom fields anything you’d like but it’s important that what you enter in the above fields is the HTML ID of the fields and not the name. The ID is always custom-# where # is the number of the field.

Last edited by MattD (2010-03-25 05:20:29)

My Plugins

#78 2010-03-25 05:42:13

tye
Website

MattD – thanks mate

That was it – I had tried the name of the custom field and the id of the custom field, but not as you mentioned – and now it works perfect :)

Thank you – I feel dumb :(

#79 2010-03-25 05:56:46

tye
Website

Wow – great plugin :) much better than I thought

Thanks again Matt

#80 2010-07-06 23:41:34

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve posted an updated version which better fits with the future of Textpattern.

This version works and was tested on Textpattern version: 4.2.0 (both r3275 and r3372.

Please let me know if you have issues.

My Plugins

#81 2010-07-07 06:58:07

candyman

Updated, thanks!

#82 2010-07-08 07:41:05

Niconemo

Hi Matt, an thank you for your work.

I haven’t try previous version but I have an issue with that one (on TXP 4.2.0) :

Everythings seems to run as expected except the most important : the address lookup doesn’t do anything when entering a place name and clicking “Lookup”.

I think I’ve had a message like "" is not an integer on my firts attempt… Don’t know if it can be usefull.

Last edited by Niconemo (2010-07-08 07:41:13)

Nico

#83 2010-07-08 08:47:11

candyman

Hello Matt, browsing around your website and particularly on your contact
page example
I’ve got an idea:
what about a contact form where site readers – as well as name, request and greetings – can set their location on the map? A sort of visual guestbook?

In this way you could obtain a visual map of the readers and instantly know where is the State/area where most of the followers are coming from.

After the signature of the guestbook, by clicking on the little red flag on the map, it could appear the name of the reader and the link to his comment/signature.

The only doubt is about spam can be solved by approving the message

You can use colorpicker to set a color flag according to nationality if it can be specified during the guestbook signature (by dropdown menu).

Let me know is something like this is possible, thanks.

Last edited by candyman (2010-07-08 09:16:43)

#84 2010-07-08 14:32:09

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

@candyman – It is probably possible but I do not have the time to work on such a thing.

@Nico – what browser are you using? It’s working for me in IE8 and Chrome.

Last edited by MattD (2010-07-08 14:35:36)

My Plugins

Board footer