Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-04-21 05:52:04

timkl
Website

[resolved] SAFE MODE problem: all links open in new windows

I’ve recently tried to move a site from one live server to another. I’ve done this many times, but this time I experienced some strange behaviour on the frontend of the site on the destination server, all links would open in new windows and certain sections would 404. In the diagnostics tab I had the following error:

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.

I contacted my ISP and the tech guy there told me that there was a line in the Textpattern script, realpath(“/tmp”), that causes the problem – I don’t know a line of PHP so I don’t know what to do with this information. I tried to give 775 permissions to the tmp-folder in the textpattern-folder, but this didn’t solve the issue.

Has anybody experienced an issue like this? Is it possible to get around the problem?

I had to take off the new site on the destination server, and forgot to copy the diagnostics, but the following is the diagnostics from the source server:

Textpattern version: 4.0.7 (r3033)
Last Update: 2008-12-06 11:56:38/2008-12-06 21:38:12
Document root: /users/home/langemedia/domains/timkjaerlange.com/web/public
$path_to_site: /users/home/langemedia/domains/timkjaerlange.com/web/public/wip/co2penhagen
Textpattern path: /users/home/langemedia/domains/timkjaerlange.com/web/public/wip/co2penhagen/textpattern
Permanent link mode: section_title
upload_tmp_dir: /users/home/langemedia/domains/timkjaerlange.com/tmp
Temporary directory path: /users/home/langemedia/domains/timkjaerlange.com/web/public/wip/co2penhagen/textpattern/tmp
Site URL: www.timkjaerlange.com/wip/co2penhagen
TZ: GMT
PHP version: 5.2.9
GD Image Library: bundled (2.0.34 compatible); supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG.
Server Local Time: 2009-04-21 05:47:19
MySQL: 5.0.67-log
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8
Server: Apache
PHP Server API: cgi-fcgi
RFC 2616 headers: 0
Server OS: SunOS 5.11
Active plugins: cnk_versioning-0.1.6, anc_hide-1.0, lam_browse_by-0.1, stm_article_order-0.2, Postmaster Library-0.2.3, Postmaster-0.4.4, lam_image_uploader-0.6c, mem_multifile_upload-0.2, lam_accordion_section-0.1, rah_textile_bar-0.3.1, rss_auto_excerpt-0.5, upm_savenew-0.4.2, zem_contact_reborn-4.0.3.20, zem_contact_lang-4.0.3.6

Pre-flight check:
————————————
File directory path is not writable: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/tmp/files/users/home/langemedia/domains/timkjaerlange.com/web/public/wip/co2penhagen/files
————————————

.htaccess file contents:
————————————
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} !^$ RewriteRule .* – [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

————————————

Podcaster, webdesigner, stencilist, libertarian, soccer fan, atheist, dreamer of dreams

#2 2009-04-21 06:57:07

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: [resolved] SAFE MODE problem: all links open in new windows

The SAFE MODE warning is certainly not related to anything else you experience and can probably be remedied by verifying that the “Temporary directory path” advanced preference points to a valid and writable location on your destination server.

Board footer