Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-04-08 11:35:48

awayfromhear

Subpages Resize (stylesheet problem?)

I am developing troublmedia.org using txp. Everything works fine, but all pages except for the front page shrink by 90%. I’ve been trying to isolate the problem by commenting out references to certain scripts (a jquery custom scrollbar, mootools lightbox, and a css dropdown fix for IE), but none of these seems to be the problem. I have also commented all “percent” font-sizes and heights and widths in my stylesheet, but that’s not the problem either.

url – www.troublmedia.com/troublmag/

(the site is password protected until launch)

username – troubl
password – introubl

(Click on any of the nav links to see the bug)

stylesheet – http://www.troublmedia.com/troublmag/textpattern/css.php?n=hangingout

#2 2009-04-08 13:55:59

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Subpages Resize (stylesheet problem?)

1. You shouldn’t comment starting <body> out.
  2. As the columns float freely, but the size isn’t fluid, you should surround those columns with fixed width div (as you have div#display). So, that the layout doesn’t break on smaller sceen resolutions/browser window.

#3 2009-04-09 02:03:00

awayfromhear

Re: Subpages Resize (stylesheet problem?)

All pages on my site other than the front page shrink when rendered in firefox 3 on pc. Works fine in IE 7 pc, and firefox 3 mac..

What is different in TXP about the way subpages load vs the front page? All pages on my site use the same template, with subtle differences in txp tags that render dynamic content.

I have removed the comment on the body tag, although when commented, it had no effect on the way the page renders. Also, having loaded the page with all script references commented out, it seems the problem lies somewhere between textpattern and the stylesheet itself. I have attempted to debug it in firebug, as well as compare source code for the front page and the subpages, and the only markup differences are in the content, not the structure of the page. Any more ideas?

troublmedia.com/troublmag/

username: troubl
password: introubl

Board footer