Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-09-01 08:14:32

Sheru

CSS help on Sidebar link and link formatting

Greetings All From Sheru!

I am displaying link of recent blog entries from blog section on Sidbar.
Now my problem is : shorter text fits OK but longer title text goes more to left than above link.

examples of my Blog link are shown below.

img icon this is my first blog // this is of larger title so, went down towards more left below img icon.
entries to the site // how to make align this link right below the above link.

img icon this is second blog link. // this is shorter one and OK.

img icon this is third blog link. // this is shorter one and OK.

seems taking much time.

Thank you all for your kind help
Sheru

Last edited by Sheru (2008-09-01 08:15:49)

#2 2008-09-02 21:23:37

zero
Website

Re: CSS help on Sidebar link and link formatting

Hello Sheru!

Perhaps you’ve found the answer by now, as no one has replied (unusual for this forum) but anyway, here is one way to do it.

ul.yourclass li {list-style-position:outside; }

This works with ordinarily bulleted lists but I don’t know what will happen with image icons. With bulleted lists, you would probably have to add extra padding-left because position outside moves it to the left. Hopefully you should be able to apply this to your img icons.

I hope that helps and you are enjoying life in Kathmandu!

“Kathmandu” brings back great memories for me. It is my favourite capital city. I was there in 1970 when it was full of hippies. I remember the Oriental Hotel costing 4 rupees a night. It had horsehair mattresses which were very comfortable and no hot water but that was no problem either – cold showers were great! Travellers used to go to restaurants like the Tibetan Dragon, Ling Kesar, The Food Trip, Himali Cold Drinks, The Hungry Eye and Tashi’s Trek Shop. Do any of them still exist?

After India it was a welcome relief to have cool nights and eat porridge in a morning. Then explore the city which wasn’t like any other, with temples at every intersection all with intricate carvings, mostly erotic. Many houses also had carvings around the doors and windows. I hope they are all still there and haven’t been pulled down because of “progress”!

Chapati, dal and curries were excellent but I remember there were English type foods too like pies, pizza and poached eggs, costing 1 or 2 rupees for a full meal. We’d go in The Food Trip and eat cheese pie and lemon pie, then go in Himali Cold Drinks and eat chocolate cake and drink banana lassi spiked liberally with hashish and sit around stoned listening to the Beatles’ Abbey Road or John Mayall’s Turning Point, which were played over and over again as they were the only ones they had. Oh yes, those were the days!

It wasn’t all good though. There were lots of rabid dogs you had to watch out for and there were open sewers running down the centre of the streets. Even in those days there was some political problem or other and Nepalis seemed a lot more uptight than the Tibetans. But then again nearly anybody is more uptight than Tibetans who were (and hopefully still are) the most happy and laid back people on the planet. And in general they didn’t smoke dope unlike just about everyone else so there’s a moral there somewhere. We could buy our hashish in lots of places but we used to buy it from the government shop where it cost more but it included tax. There was something very satisfying about getting stoned to help the economy of a beautiful country!

I don’t advocate getting stoned, by the way. I haven’t taken drugs for many years now, but it was fun for a while before I started going bonkers. (Some will say I must have already been bonkers and the drugs just made me aware of it. They may be right ;-)

Your posts are always very warm and friendly, Sheru, so I hope this indicates that Kathmandu is still a very happy place.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#3 2008-09-08 04:44:30

Sheru

Re: CSS help on Sidebar link and link formatting

Dear Peter,
Warm Greetings!

First of All, Sorry for late response. Thank you so much for your warm post and your great help on CSS. I have not tested CSS problem with your code yet. I will try it. Actually link stuff appeared so as I described above may be due to using inside paragraph <p></p> or May be other.

Oh, It was the great time to know about 1970’s Kathmandu, seems quite interesting, astonishing. Even I was born 6 years after when you were in Kathmandu. I have read your post twice, thrice… It seems the Hotel Oriental costing Rs 4 a night never existed comparing these days because things have gone quite expensive on these days on kathmandu. As you talk about other existance of other restaurant, I don’t know much about it but as far as I know, I have heard about Hungry Eye.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your memories, I really enjoyed it even shared with my colleague and my family at home. You are still welcome to our Kathmandu.

Lastly Thank you for accepting my post as warm and friendly. I hope to hear from you time and again.

Thank you so much
Sheru

Last edited by Sheru (2008-09-08 04:50:48)

Board footer