Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2012-11-12 10:28:22

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: rah_wrach: select a section before writing an article

Not sure about the relevance. All three core themes fulfill same UI patterns. Rah_wrach isn’t built for specific theme or for specific look, but using documented UI widgets and patterns. Thus it fits and works with any theme, as long as its up to date, including core ones, whether it be Classic, Hive or Remora (links point to screenshots taken from each of the themes).

Since those styles aren’t for vanilla rah_wrach (they do use classes and elements that aren’t in rah_wrach), the issues could either arise from any modifications you have done, or you might not haven’t updated your copy of Remora theme. Diagnostics panel doesn’t check themes.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-11-12 10:30:57)

#38 2013-08-13 15:51:50

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi Jukka ;)

Maybe you could add a tooltip for the article count link (“See all articles”) and an another one for the section name link (“Add a new article”).

French translations: “Voir tous les articles” and “Ajouter un article”.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#39 2015-12-28 13:32:16

Destry
Website

I really like this idea. For those that don’t own, or participate in, a collaborative site, they probably wouldn’t see the need for this. But for collaborative authoring, and especially where structured workflows are involved or trying to onboard new Txp users, this is a subtle but excellent idea.

I never knew this plugin existed. It’s the little ones like this that I’m a big fan of — the admin-side ones — plugins that keep making the UI experience better, less cognitive overhead.

#40 2018-06-28 09:22:38

hildebruns

Hi,

in 4.7.1 there is a problem with the “Preferences” Panel. Have somebody a solution for it?

Thanks

#41 2020-11-30 05:10:07

peterj

Just found this plugin and it looks perfect for a particular client. I attempted to install 0.4.0 on TXP 4.8.2 PHP 7.3 using the zip upload but got this… advice?

Notice "Undefined variable: plugin"
in /home/abcde/2020dev/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Plugin/Plugin.php at line 266.
textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Plugin/Plugin.php:266 adminErrorHandler()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:624 Textpattern\Plugin\Plugin->read()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:54 plugin_upload()
textpattern/index.php:228 include()
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Unsupported operand types in /home/abcde/2020dev/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Plugin/Plugin.php:266 Stack trace: #0 /home/abcde/2020dev/textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php(624): Textpattern\Plugin\Plugin->read('rah_wrach-0.4.0') #1 /home/abcde/2020dev/textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php(54): plugin_upload() #2 /home/abcde/2020dev/textpattern/index.php(228): include('/home/abcde/...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/abcde/2020dev/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Plugin/Plugin.php on line 266

#42 2020-11-30 06:33:50

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

This is an old plugin and the ids and classes on the back-end have changed since it was last updated. I’m not sure if this is the problem, but I would try to live without it.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#43 2020-11-30 08:47:13

Destry
Website

It is listed in the Plugins directory, so it is a working plugin in principle. Otherwise it should come out of the directory, I would think. The whole point of the new directory, if I remember, was to more easily show what plugins are actually relevant anymore, and that would seem to include working.

Maybe there needs to be a ‘staging’ area between the directory and anywhere else in space for plugins that are nearly usable (not quite cutting the mustard), but just need someone to tweak ‘em into compliance. Or at the very least a flag on plugins in the directory saying ‘non-compliant’, or something, with a link pointing to a possible description of the problem, such as a forum entry. Don’t know.

#44 2020-11-30 11:17:28

jakob
Admin
Website

peterj wrote #327159:

I attempted to install 0.4.0 on TXP 4.8.2 PHP 7.3 using the zip upload but got this… advice?

That’s happening to you at the install stage, right? That could have something to do with Jukka’s specific way of building plugins which doesn’t follow the same pattern as the Textpattern plugin template. He suggests installing using composer. Unfortunately, he stopped providing compiled txt installer files a while ago.

You can, however, compile his plugins into txt installers yourself for pasting into the install field using his MassPlugCompiler. That works when, for example, you can’t run composer on your online server but you have it running on your local computer/webserver.

colak wrote #327161:

This is an old plugin and the ids and classes on the back-end have changed since it was last updated. I’m not sure if this is the problem, but I would try to live without it.

Possibly. v0.4.0 on GitHub is txp 4.7+ and the backend hasn’t changed quite so much. They should be easy enough to edit in the plugin itself.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#45 2020-11-30 13:29:56

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Strange…

I’m using this plugin within 4.x branches, even with the latest 4.8.4 version of Textpattern, without any problems.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#46 2021-12-14 08:10:55

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Just noticed the plugin didn’t work anymore with the 4.8.8-dev version of TXP… 😰

I tried to call a specific section from URL queries (&Section=my-section) without a corresponding choice within the “Write” panel.

It seems that the new “Default publishing section” selector from the “Section” panel overwrite these kinds of queries…

Is there a way to correct this plugin I’m using intensively?

Patrick.

Board footer