Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-07-10 01:53:09

jeff r

Trouble getting newly installed theme (Crystalx) to show up

Hi, I’m new to Textpattern and not very technical, so I feel like I’m missing something obvious trying to get a theme installed. I installed the hcg_templates plug in, and then the Crystalx theme, which hcg_templates said was successfully installed. I followed the Crystalx install instructions, here: http://txpide.com/templates/crystalx-10

but when I go to View Page, or the URL directly (in two browsers) nothing has changed, as if it can’t find the theme. Is there somewhere else I need to go to turn the theme “on” or did I not install it right, even if hcg_templates shows no errors?

Help! Thanks

I’m on a Mac if that makes any diff.

#2 2008-07-10 04:05:55

joebaich
Website

Re: Trouble getting newly installed theme (Crystalx) to show up

Hello Jeff, It’s been a wee while since I looked at CrystalX but it sounds as though you may not have gone to “Presentation/ Sections” in admin and changed the detail there to reflect the Crystal X page and style sheet names. I’m sorry that I can’t cough up the exact detail but it’s reasonably straight forward once you realise the need.

Joe

#3 2008-07-10 05:10:36

jeff r

Yes! That’s exactly what it was. I had a feeling it was obvious… None of the instructions I followed had the “Presentation>Section>setting the default” step, but in retrospect I should’ve looked there for something like that.

Now it’s showing in the the right theme, but it’s printing out a weird error at the top of the page:

Tag error: <txp:sitename/> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 978
Tag error: <txp:sitename/> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 978

which I have no idea what it means. But one thing at a time…

Thanks!

#4 2008-07-10 05:26:25

joebaich
Website

Jeff,

Pleased to help. Change all instances of the <txp:sitename /> tag to <txp:site_name />. The former was been superseded by the latter since CrystalX was published. It still works but won’t in future versions of TXP.

Joe

Board footer