Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-05-20 18:32:58

mapu

Who wants to take over txp-templates.com?

Once I started txp-templates.com to provide templates for TXP that were originally made for other blogging platforms. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to maintain the site or produce more templates.

So I want to give over the domain and if anyone who is interested in also the content and files to someone who want to continue the site or to start another TXP related website.

To be clear, my intention is not to give it to someone who wants to install just an article or link directory on that PR5 domain. I want to give it back to the TXP community if you understand what I mean?

So, if you are interested feel free to contact me or post your suggestions here in the forum.

#2 2008-05-20 19:34:17

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Who wants to take over txp-templates.com?

Hi Marcus,

If you allow me, I can adapt your templates and add them to TxPide.

That is if nobody wants to take over your site, at least your work would continue.

#3 2008-05-20 19:39:06

mapu

Bert,

this is a good idea in case if nobody is interested in continuing the site as it is! Thanks! :)

#4 2008-05-21 05:47:48

mapu

Ok, the project will be handed over to someone who is well known in this community!

Watch out for further announcements! ;)

#5 2008-05-21 06:39:27

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

txp-templates is a better name than txpide for a website that hosts templates, IMHO. And it scores much much higher in a Google search.

There’s also textgarden.org and textplates.com -> why not merge all these template websites into one big authoritive template website instead of doing separate projects?

#6 2008-05-21 07:23:05

mapu

ruud wrote:

There’s also textgarden.org and textplates.com -> why not merge all these template websites into one big authoritive template website instead of doing separate projects?

Good idea! But now you have to discuss this with the new owner of txp-templates.com. You also know him well, I guess ;)

#7 2008-05-21 07:46:19

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

:uncover:

#8 2008-05-21 07:54:11

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Ah, finally we’ll know who’s behind the mask of Wetman :)

#9 2008-05-21 07:58:34

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

This information was available to the general public previously, too:

Cases in point:

;-)

#10 2008-05-21 08:03:52

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Your footprints are mine! Muahaha. Wa’ shall I do with’em? Who knows :D

But what about the integration of those massive webservice into one huge great and awesome beauty pile?

#11 2008-05-21 08:13:57

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Gocom wrote:

Your footprints are mine! Muahaha. Wa’ shall I do with’em? Who knows :D

I know. Really.

See: The full-resolution of said image (“bigfoot”) is for sale on istockphoto.com. A (small) crowd of people paid some 5 US$ up to now to acquire this image.

Now, what’s the current state of the world in general given this fact?

My interpretation relies on some big macroeconomic correlations, like “As oil prices rise, pedestrian details attract a larger audience.”. Or something like that…

Discuss!

#12 2008-05-21 14:17:53

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

ruud wrote:

Back when I started the Theme mechanism for TxP 4.0.X thread, there wasn’t much interest from the core devs. Had there been, I would of directed my efforts towards an official site.

What we lack is a consensus or a guideline for making and providing templates. I tried my best in my investigation and I pointed out issues in the core that could be addressed so that template making could be easier. Like how the core hard codes certain forms, error_default, popup_comments and comments_display, which makes it necessary for a user to take extra steps in the installation of a template. Or how the default install ships unnecessary forms and forgets to protect essential forms.

If the current core devs really want an all encompassing template site, can we work together?

Board footer