Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-04-01 05:27:37

Slaktad
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: joh_admin_markitup: MarkItUp Universal Markup Editor in Txp

kus wrote:

No, I cant found it, my set.js is in /textpattern/markitup folder.

Maybe you didn’t unzip markitup-txpified with the folder structure?

#14 2008-04-02 01:33:40

kus
Website

Yes, my fault. Work fine now , thanks :D

#15 2008-04-03 19:23:07

NXArmada

I just found MarkItUp today and I was going to make a plugin but something told me to search the forums first and bam here you are with a plugin.

Thanks I have it installed and its working perfectly.

Ryan

#16 2008-04-04 10:25:44

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Slaktad, do you have any hint regarding the two alternative bugs described here? Maybe they need a better description? Let me know, thanks!

Z-

#17 2008-04-04 19:53:23

Slaktad
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Zanza wrote:

Thanks Slaktad! Now it works just fine, but…

1. with Markitup loaded also for the excerpt, the keyboard shortcuts (one of the reason I’m using it) always works only in the excerpt. I think this is natural, because it’s the same shortcut, but there seems to be a problem in detecting the focus (maybe a problem of MarkItUp itself).
  2. If I disable MarkItUp for the excerpt (I don’t need it) hacking in the plugin source code, then another bug is happening: some shortcut (i.e, CTRL+B for bold or CTRL+I for italic) are working bad. That was true also in the previous version. Just select a word and try: instead of *word* for italic, it output a weird *word*** , actually doubling the opening and closing characters at the end of the word!…

I updated MarkItUp to 1.0.3 and separated the settings variables for article body and excerpt in v0.1.2. The shortcuts seem to work now. I’m not able to reproduce the other bug either (although I can admit I’ve tested it for like 2 minutes :P).

Last edited by Slaktad (2008-04-04 19:54:08)

#18 2008-04-06 14:39:37

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Uhm. Thanks for your effort. I notice there’s still some bug there, but.. it isn’t that stable! :) So I can’t report it for sure.

Now it seems that the shortcuts works, but they apply both on body and excerpt at the same time!! :-/

This is valid for inline markup, like ctrl+b and ctrl+i. But when adding a block to the body, i.e. ctrl+3, the h3. textile code is added in the excerpt instead. In the body some ‘- -’ appear where h3. is expected.

I can’t tell if this is a problem caused by MarkItUp itself or by the plugin implementation, though.

I’m using Firefox on mac, so I can’t say if this cab be found in every browser. I’ll report back when I have more reliable data.

Bye

Z-

#19 2008-04-06 14:52:37

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Ok, just tried MarkItUp examples on author’s site, and I can report that the shortcuts are buggy in MarkItUp itself, with Firefox/mac osx. So it looks like it’s not a problem caused by your plugin, if we talk of bugs that happens when there is only one instance of MIU loaded (only in the body, I mean).

I can’t tell if the specific bugs that happens when both body and excerpt instances are loaded are plugin-specific or can be referred to MIU itself, as I can’t try two MIU instances on the MIU site.

I’ll run some more test and then report bugs to Jay Salvat.

Z-

#20 2008-04-16 20:23:57

EddieG5

I’ve installed and enabled the plugin and uploaded the folder into my textpattern/ install, but do not see anything. Meaning, when I go to the write tab, I don’t see anything that allows me use any markup tools. Is there anything else I need to do? Could someone post a screenshot of what I should be seeing?

Thanks!

#21 2008-04-29 15:36:24

NXArmada

I just updated to the latest version of the plugin and an it is not working now.

EddieG5 wrote:

I’ve installed and enabled the plugin and uploaded the folder into my textpattern/ install, but do not see anything. Meaning, when I go to the write tab, I don’t see anything that allows me use any markup tools. Is there anything else I need to do? Could someone post a screenshot of what I should be seeing?

Thanks!

Ryan

#22 2008-05-24 09:04:43

Slaktad
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Updated to v0.1.3. Nothing changed except that MarkItUp 1.1.0 now is used.

#23 2010-01-16 21:15:55

mnewboult

Brilliant plugin – thanks for the work.

#24 2010-01-17 00:32:30

candyman

Nice plugin, really.
MarkItUp is now at 1.1.6 release and the 2.0 is on the way: does anyone tried the plugin with the latest version of the markup editor?

Board footer