Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2008-04-25 19:23:25

renobird
Website

Re: [howto] How to build a Client section on your website?

This was mentioned before, but just wanted to confirm that copying/pasting the code from the forum can cause some issues.
Removing all comments seemed to fix things for me as well.

Also. You need hak_article_image
if you are going to use Dale’s code exactly.

)

Tom

#26 2008-04-25 23:47:15

mrdale
Website

• bos_if_cat_parent is a conditional that tests for the parent of the current category.
  • sed_afu can be requested at http://txp-plugins.netcarving.com/

#27 2008-04-26 22:06:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

renobird wrote:

Can’t seem to find bos_if_cat_parent… is there something else that can be substituted?

You may be able to get equivalent functionality with smd_if using field="parent" value="<txp:ign_user_info type="name" />"

Untested, not sure if it’ll work. Also look at smd_parent for possible inspiration/abuse.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#28 2008-04-28 09:34:37

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

bos_if_cat_parent available at a new url (I’m discontinuing the old site).

Anyway, smd_parent and smd_if look actually more complete about that, but haven’t tried. bos_if_cat_parent also offer some additional conditional than parent cat, so maybe the name isn’t properly chosen, but, anyway, try and see. :)

Z-

#29 2008-04-28 19:05:08

renobird
Website

Thanks Zanza!

Tom

#30 2008-05-06 15:20:56

lonelytraveller

Mrdale, this tutorial is simply great, it’s a great solution for building a client section, it’s just what I was looking for. It works very well with the MLP plug-in, which is great if you work with clients from different countries!

Thank you for having provided so many information about the code, it was relatively easy to adapt it to my needs.

However there’s just one thing that I do not fully understand, that’s the usage of the strong*stw_category_tree*strong plug-in. As a matter of fact I didn’t manage to show the gallery until I deleted the stw_category_tree tags and called the gallery form through a plain old <txp:output_form> tag instead.

Thanks

#31 2008-05-06 15:51:13

mrdale
Website

lonelytraveller wrote:

However there’s just one thing that I do not fully understand, that’s the usage of the strong*stw_category_tree plug-in.

Just like to automatically generate category lists based on a “client” parent category, you are right though, you can use whatever you like for navigation, as long as you can restrict it to a particular client’s galleries…

[edit] Actually, you should post your variation as it may help someone else.

have fun!

Last edited by mrdale (2008-05-06 15:52:31)

#32 2008-05-06 20:45:17

lonelytraveller

mrdale wrote:

Just like to automatically generate category lists based on a “client” parent category, you are right though, you can use whatever you like for navigation, as long as you can restrict it to a particular client’s galleries…

Thanks for replying so quickly. Now that I’ve read your explanation it seems quite obvious what that plug-in is for…

mrdale wrote:

[edit] Actually, you should post your variation as it may help someone else.

My variation is quite simple, but I must admit it works just because I chose to keep all the info in one page, so instead of posting a link to my only gallery I just want the client to see immediately the thumbnail gallery.
That’s why I pulled the gallery out of the navigation and put it inside my main content div. Then as I wrote I simply call the gallery form:

<txp:chh_if_data>
       <txp:output_form form="client-gallery"/>
     <txp:else/>
       <dl><dt>You have no image galleries.</dt></dl>
     </txp:chh_if_data>

However this solution is less flexible than yours.

Regarding the implementation of your technique using the MLP plugin :

I simply installed it and it worked perfectly. I just had to translate all the sentences and titles that are used in forms(i.e. in your code “You have no project updates” or “Deadlines”) creating some MLP “snippets” following the plugin documentation. Basically a snippet is just a portion of text that recurs in pages or forms (i.e. just like “Deadlines”) and that can be set to be automatically translated using the plug-in. But that’s really all I had to do.

Sorry if my english is not perfect, but I hope this can be useful.

Last edited by lonelytraveller (2008-05-06 20:51:59)

#33 2009-03-06 11:29:33

mfos

Hi,
Seem to be having trouble with the category name being captured. No links for the image gallery are showing when I know there is an image category for the user. Could it be something to do with txp:ign_user_info?
All the comments are removed, just can’t seem to get this bit working?

Any help would be cool.

Ta
m

#34 2009-11-13 14:29:45

progre55

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I had the same problem as mfos listed above.

To resolve it, what I had to do was:

• remove the comments (which every has said to do)
  • I also had to encapsulate everything in the article-client form inside of the <txp:chh_if_data> tag

I am still testing, but thought it seems to have resolved my issues.

Thanks.

progre55

PS: Thank you to MrDale for the hard work (as well as to the plugin developers).

Last edited by progre55 (2009-11-13 21:36:47)

#35 2011-03-01 02:17:20

chris_goodhue
Website

Hello,

All I want for my client page is an image gallery and file downloads. The file downloads are working just fine, but for some reason the image gallery is not working. I’ve tripled checked to make sure the image category is correct. I also do not get a “You have no image galleries” message. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

#36 2011-03-02 00:47:23

mrdale
Website

yeah, I should update the whole freaking thing…

Board footer