Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-09-26 14:34:11

hoto

[textile] textile to rtf conversion

Hello

what would be the best way to convert textile to rtf?

I tried textile > html > rtf, where I used

textutil -convert rtf -encoding latin1 file.html

for the last step (under OS X 10.4) . The resulting rtf-file looks fine. However, lists are not recognized, which is annoying for further editing.

Here is an example in html and the resulting rtf using the above described route.

Thanks
Thomas

#2 2007-09-26 19:10:59

hoto

Re: [textile] textile to rtf conversion

I found a better way for the textile to rtf conversion: textile > html > pages > doc

pages is part of Apple’s iWork suite. It opens the html directly and preserves the list-structure. From pages, one can then export to rtf or doc.

Thomas

#3 2007-09-26 23:57:37

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I’m not so sure wether textutil is really the right tool to get an advanced textiled file into html.
Once you have your html, you could also try to run it through tidy afterwards, just in case the html is borked ( Empty p tags and such )

I’ve yet to look into this all myself.

For html to pdf conversion however, I use Prince, which is just about perfect, once you have your styles in place.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-09-26 23:58:29)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#4 2007-09-27 12:35:36

hoto

I just realized that common text processors like MS Word or Open Office / NeoOffice open a textile-based html just fine and allow for further editing. (For my sample html, Word seems to work best.) However, Open Office and NeoOffice offer the possibility to export to LaTeX.

Sorry for my ignorance…
Thomas

Board footer