Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-08-25 02:13:36

jbrains

[textile] Multiple sets of footnotes on the same page?

Hello, everyone.

I’m using Textile to help me format articles for my blog at jbrains.ca. I have two articles on the same page, each with footnotes, and since the [n] syntax alone generates the same link for two (logically) different “footnote #1“s, I need an idea how to distinguish the footnotes in different articles.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to hack this without opening up RedCloth and patching it?

Thanks.

#2 2007-08-25 02:49:34

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [textile] Multiple sets of footnotes on the same page?

…and since the [n] syntax alone generates the same link for two (logically) different “footnote #1“s…

In the most recent version of Textile that’s no longer the case.

…RedCloth…

Ah. We didn’t make nor support RedCloth. What it supports is up to its developer. If that’s what you’re using, I don’t see how you can fix the problem without modifying it. I suggest you contact the RedCloth developer.

#3 2007-08-26 00:34:09

jbrains

> In the most recent version of Textile that’s no longer the case.

Great; I’ll look into that.

> Ah. We didn’t make nor support RedCloth. What it supports is up to its developer. If that’s what you’re using, I don’t see how you can fix the problem without modifying it. I suggest you contact the RedCloth developer.

Will do. Thanks.

#4 2007-08-26 00:42:32

jbrains

JBR wrote:

…and since the [n] syntax alone generates the same link for two (logically) different “footnote #1“s…

Mary wrote:

In the most recent version of Textile that’s no longer the case.

I’ll hunt around, but in the mean time, how do I hunt down Textile’s current behavior in this case? If I decide to patch RedCloth, I want to match Textile’s current behavior.

#5 2007-08-26 00:56:26

jbrains

I’ll hunt around, but in the mean time, how do I hunt down Textile’s current behavior in this case?

I believe I found it. Looking at the TextPattern source, it looks like you generate unique IDs. I think I can do that. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Board footer