Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#145 2006-12-12 16:33:09

bit
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_article_custom

I’m using chh_article_custom on 4.0.3 and I can’t get any sort of pagination working, whether it be via ob1_googlenav or the built-in newer/older tags. All three mentioned pagination tags output nothing.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Could I have a plugin that’s creating conflicts? (I have a few custom plugins that I haven’t released.)

My chh_article_custom tag:
<txp:chh_article_custom listform="products_newest_item" section="Regular-Products,Special-Occasions" limit="9" />

My ob1_googlenav tag:
<txp:ob1_googlenav firsttext="First" previoustext="Previous" nexttext="Next" lasttext="Last" />

“The neighboring marshmallow factory fared no better, having been unable to absorb the incredible pressure wave.”

#146 2007-01-09 12:46:15

beztak
Website

Does anybody knows how to make this plugin work with TXP 4.0.4… ?

#147 2007-01-24 21:04:42

dkruitbosch

Hi,

I’m having some trouble with chh_article_custom (version 1.15 on txp 4.0.4).
I’ve got this in my page template
@<txp:chh_article_custom allowoverride=“1” category=“sport” form=“sectionmenu” section=”?” />

And when I access the page I get this error:
Call to undefined function: chh_sql_category()

What am I doing wrong. I want to get a section sensitive (link) list of article titles that functions as a section aware menu

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Danny

#148 2007-02-19 13:28:43

tjnuckolls
Website

Just a quick bump to see if anyone has any light to shed on the TXP v4.04 issues folks have been having.

As for myself, I really need an article_custom tag that will allow me to show articles from multiple categories and I’m getting an error that looks like the following (I only listed one line below but the error is actually as many lines long as there are attributes for the plugin):

tag_error <txp:chh_article_custom allowoverride="0" category="cat1,cat2" form="default" listform="default" limit="5" pgonly="0" section="article" status="4" /> ->  Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: listform  on line 582

My configuration is as follows:
TXP v4.0.4
chh_article_custom v1.15 (enabled)
chh_article_lib v1.04 (enabled)

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards,
TJ

#149 2007-02-19 14:29:47

decoderltd
Website

I’m also getting errors with chh_article_custom and TXP 4.0.4 too. What I really like about this plug-in is the ability to choose multiple categories and also to specify parent categories and their children.

However, it looks a little like this plug-in may not be suppported at the moment so I’d like to move to standard TXP tags – not sure if either of the above can be achieved that way.

#150 2007-02-20 02:40:46

tjnuckolls
Website

Alright, so here’s my (hopefully) temporary solution for a multiple category article query: rss_unlimited_categories v0.7.2 combined with ied_hide_in_admin 0.1.6 to hide the standard categories from the user.

On a side note, I spent the whole day trying to figure out the article_custom tag so I could recreate mem’s mem_article_custom plugin, or even place db query raw in a form for the time being for a temporary solution, but I found it’s not that simple. I do feel, however, if someone (zem, a possibility for plugin tutorial pt 5 perhaps?) would create a walk-through of an integral tag such as this, it would give many people on the verge of being able to contribute the tools necessary to really give back to the community, and take some of the strain off some of the key superheroes we all owe so much.

#151 2007-03-21 23:32:07

feragnoli

This is rather strange… some people seem to have had problems with chh_article_custom already since 4.0.3 while others say the plugin broke since 4.0.4.
It seems like somebody is using it with 4.0.4 though… how? It doesn’t work for me.
Thanks

what was that again…?

#152 2007-03-22 10:46:22

decoderltd
Website

Hi feragnoli,

I kept the plug-in active after upgrading to 4.0.4 and it appears to function as before. However, if you have your production status (admin > preferences) set to ‘Testing’ it will throw up all manner of error messages, once set to ‘Live’ you no longer see these messages although the ‘error’ is still there.

To be honest I’m looking to replace it as it doesn’t appear to be supported anymore, but those multiple and parent categories options are very handy!

#153 2007-03-22 14:01:52

feragnoli

hello decoder, thanks for your reply.
indeed, my point is to have a site with only one section and have all the rest arranged by categories.
(why? because I think the final user of the site might get confused by the section/category difference…)
As for now, parent categories do’t really work, do they..?
Well, my problem is: the lugin seems not to output anything at all!

thanks!

what was that again…?

#154 2007-04-06 01:05:00

Jeff_K
Archived Plugin Author
Website

This Plugin works fine for me (no errors at all).

Textpattern: 4.0.4 (r1956)
PHP 5.2.1
Mysql: 5.0.24

If I can make one small suggestion. I needed a way to return the results from the current category using the wild card but on a single article page. As in a list of articles in the same category.

I have altered the library as follows:

function chh_sql_category ($category, $children=false, $conjunction='AND') {
    global $pretext, $thisarticle;
    $cats = is_array($category) ? $category : explode(',', $category);
    #$cats = empty($category) ? array() : explode(',', $category);

// Wildcard expansion needs to be done before we expand children.
    foreach ($cats as $i => $cat) {
        // category="?"
        // and by tacit extension, category="foo,bar,?" or category="?bar"
        $cats[$i] = str_replace('?', $pretext['c'], $cat);
        if (empty($pretext['c']) && !empty($thisarticle['category1'])) $cats[$i] = str_replace('?', $thisarticle['category1'], $cat);
    }

#155 2007-05-19 16:27:39

The-Exit
Website

Is it possible to use this plugin within an article form to show a list of articles published by the author of the article.

e.g. If textpattern shows the individual article view of an article of the author “mike” then below the article I want to show a list of other articles which were published by mike.

#156 2007-05-26 17:01:46

feragnoli

well, using the asy_wondertag plugin you can do that even with a regular <txp:article_custom /> tag (which by now is much more powerful than in the past).

in the article form just place something like:

<txp:asy_wondertag>
<txp:article_custom author="<txp:author />" />
</txp:asy_wondertag>

after your content and it should work.

Last edited by feragnoli (2007-05-26 17:02:12)

what was that again…?

Board footer