Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-07-02 12:46:43

6sigma
Member
From: Memphis, TN, USA
Registered: 2004-05-24
Posts: 160
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

Great work! Has anyone successfully updated a Txp site to 4.0.5 on Textdrive? My site appears to be fine, but when I click on the diagnostics tab I get a long pause followed by this 503 message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

This has been happening for the last 8 or 10 hours.


“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

Offline

#14 2007-07-02 13:16:53

Sencer
Archived Developer
From: cgn, de
Registered: 2004-03-23
Posts: 1,803
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

6sigma wrote:

Great work! Has anyone successfully updated a Txp site to 4.0.5 on Textdrive? My site appears to be fine, but when I click on the diagnostics tab I get a long pause followed by this 503 message

Hi 6sigma,

thanks. I have updated a site on txd, on nelson to be more precise. I can access diagnostics (high and low) without any 503s. Don’t have an idea what your problem might be related to. Anything in the php-error-logs?

Offline

#15 2007-07-02 13:30:52

6sigma
Member
From: Memphis, TN, USA
Registered: 2004-05-24
Posts: 160
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

Sencer wrote:

6sigma wrote:

Great work! Has anyone successfully updated a Txp site to 4.0.5 on Textdrive? My site appears to be fine, but when I click on the diagnostics tab I get a long pause followed by this 503 message

Hi 6sigma, thanks. I have updated a site on txd, on nelson to be more precise. I can access diagnostics (high and low) without any 503s. Don’t have an idea what your problem might be related to. Anything in the php-error-logs?

Sencer, Where do I find the php-error-logs? [/sheepishly]


“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

Offline

#16 2007-07-02 13:47:09

Sencer
Archived Developer
From: cgn, de
Registered: 2004-03-23
Posts: 1,803
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

you might check ~/logs/error_log or look in php.ini/phpinfo if a seperate file is set up. If you can’t find it, you better ask txd-support about it (the first issue also probably).

svn diff http://svn.textpattern.com/releases/4.0.4/source/textpattern/include/txp_diag.php http://svn.textpattern.com/releases/4.0.5/source/textpattern/include/txp_diag.php shows the differences between last release and 4.0.5 in case that helps the txd guys troubleshoot the issue.

Offline

#17 2007-07-02 14:16:00

eightounces
New Member
From: Philadelphia
Registered: 2004-04-27
Posts: 7
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

I’m curious about the back end branding as well. I’m fine with the fact it’s just logo & color, but I don’t understand where this is done. Can this be done through the txp interface, and I’m just missing it? Or do I literally need to replace /textpattern/txp_img/textpattern.gif?

Offline

#18 2007-07-02 15:02:56

reid
Member
From: Atlanta, Ga.
Registered: 2004-04-04
Posts: 224
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

6sigma wrote:

My site appears to be fine, but when I click on the diagnostics tab I get a long pause followed by this 503 message

I would consider the possibility this is not an upgrade issue, it’s a TextDrive issue. Viewing source on your home page a minute ago showed …. 22 | 6.159233 … 22 database requests took over six seconds to render.

It appears you are not on one.textdrive.com, but I see it there with my personal domain. Bad Neighbor Syndrome. I just checked my home page, and 34 requests took 5.866781 seconds to render.

I had to move my business domain elsewhere, as it simply isn’t going to get better until they get “shared containers” up and running, so people can move off those sluggish FreeBSD shared boxes.


TextPattern user since 04/04/04

Offline

#19 2007-07-02 15:12:42

colak
Admin
From: Cyprus
Registered: 2004-11-20
Posts: 8,798
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

Upgraded 4 txp installs and had some problems with languages in one site and a disappointment in another one…
Will be posting in the troubleshooting forum re anything that might appear… For now it seems that I am 98% up… Congrats to all who contributed on this one!


Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | State Machines | NeMe @ github
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Offline

#20 2007-07-02 15:22:33

wet
Retired Developer
From: Schoerfling, Austria
Registered: 2005-06-06
Posts: 3,270
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

eightounces wrote:

I’m curious about the back end branding as well. I’m fine with the fact it’s just logo & color, but I don’t understand where this is done. […] Or do I literally need to replace /textpattern/txp_img/textpattern.gif?

Yes, you have to physically replace this image file, plus you may change the #branding selectors in the style sheet (textpattern/textpattern.css).

Offline

#21 2007-07-02 16:19:34

6sigma
Member
From: Memphis, TN, USA
Registered: 2004-05-24
Posts: 160
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

reid wrote:

6sigma wrote:

My site appears to be fine, but when I click on the diagnostics tab I get a long pause followed by this 503 message I would consider the possibility this is not an upgrade issue, it’s a TextDrive issue. Viewing source on your home page a minute ago showed …. 22 | 6.159233 … 22 database requests took over six seconds to render. It appears you are not on one.textdrive.com, but I see it there with my personal domain. Bad Neighbor Syndrome. I just checked my home page, and 34 requests took 5.866781 seconds to render. I had to move my business domain elsewhere, as it simply isn’t going to get better until they get “shared containers” up and running, so people can move off those sluggish FreeBSD shared boxes.

Reid: Useful info. Thanks. I want to clarify. Are you saying that 22 × 6.159 and 34 × 5.866 are equally “bad” performances? Or, are those numbers telling you that your performance on ONE is okay, but my performance on BARCLAY (my server) is “bad”?


“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

Offline

#22 2007-07-02 16:30:15

wet
Retired Developer
From: Schoerfling, Austria
Registered: 2005-06-06
Posts: 3,270
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

34 queries shouldn’t take longer than a fraction of a second. 57 queries in 0.02 seconds is what my site delivers (shared $7.99 hosting, nothing special).

Last edited by wet (2007-07-02 16:30:55)

Offline

#23 2007-07-02 16:41:13

reid
Member
From: Atlanta, Ga.
Registered: 2004-04-04
Posts: 224
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

6sigma wrote:

I want to clarify. Are you saying that 22 × 6.159 and 34 × 5.866 are equally “bad” performances?

Yes. As wet noted, it should be a fraction of a second on both servers. And this situation fluxes considerably. There are times the render speed is in hundredths of a second. But, IMHO, there are far too many times that it’s over one second. Way over.

I’m just suggesting it’s possible that when you try to go to the diagnostics tab and it “times out,” you may be seeing a symptom of the server, not the application. And there are times of day (those sub-second times) when it may work just fine.


TextPattern user since 04/04/04

Offline

#24 2007-07-02 17:49:56

6sigma
Member
From: Memphis, TN, USA
Registered: 2004-05-24
Posts: 160
Website

Re: Feedback on Textpattern 4.0.5 release

Thanks, Reid and others. I’ve moved to Textdrive with the issue. We’ll see what comes of it.


“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB