Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-05-26 19:17:36

6sigma
Website

Buyer beware...I think

Recent discussions about Textpattern’s future renewed my interest to the point of seeking out resources. I’ve ordered the Textpattern Solutions book. I look forward to Amazon’s next shipment.

I also placed an order at http://www.txphelper.com/ for a $15.00 download. There was no return email, no download instructions and there has been no response to an email or a PayPal incident resolution request.

To others who might stumble upon this resource, I advise caution.

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#2 2007-05-26 19:39:40

gerhard01
Plugin Author

Re: Buyer beware...I think

Contrastingly, I received my download link for txphelper immediately after I had cleared the bill at Paypal. In my case, no frictions at all.

#3 2007-05-26 21:03:31

6sigma
Website

gerhard01 wrote:

Contrastingly, I received my download link for txphelper immediately after I had cleared the bill at Paypal. In my case, no frictions at all.

How long ago did you make your purchase?

Because I received the acknowledgment from PayPal, I expected things to proceed as your transaction did. It did not. I continue to wait for a response.

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#4 2007-05-27 08:10:47

gerhard01
Plugin Author

6sigma wrote:

How long ago did you make your purchase? Because I received the acknowledgment from PayPal, I expected things to proceed as your transaction did. It did not. I continue to wait for a response.

I made may purchase on May 3rd 2007 and received the download instructions the very same day.

#5 2007-05-27 09:42:43

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I remember there was a post from the author of this pdf somewhere in this forum… Maybe you should search for it and post your complain in there. There might be a totally innocent explanation for this. Alternatively, there is an email link in the site page where you might be able to get some response.
Many here would be interested of the outcome of this.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2007-05-27 13:37:43

zero
Website

6sigma, have you got money in your Paypal account? If Paypal hasn’t actually got some of your money in its online bank, then Paypal has to get it from your bank account. I’ve found this can take two weeks or more before the transaction is complete.

Even though you would think a direct debit from your account should be more or less instant, for some reason it does not work like that :-(

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#7 2007-05-28 12:25:33

6sigma
Website

This morning I received a message from Atle Lillehovde who wrote the TxpHelper e-book. He’s been having bandwidth problems since Friday. He has responded to the PayPal resolution request and sent me an email with the download instructions.

I can tell from the first few pages out of the printer that Atle’s book is an incredibly useful resource for Txp users as well as designers who provide Txp as the underlying CMS for others.

Be assured that Atle’s explanation and recovery from this problem has been professional and courteous. I can recommend his work highly, and I completely understand ISP/broadband issues that unexpectedly arise. I encourage you to take a look if you haven’t already.

Board footer