Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-05-13 17:13:20

lee

Category 1/2 labels on write tab

In the latest rev the category dropdown box on the write tab doesn’t show up unless at least 1 article category exists, but the category1 and category 2 labels remain. I suggest hiding these labels as well, as to me at least, these label have no use unless an article category exists and the dropdown boxes are visible. The cause clutter, especially for sites that don’t use categories.

#2 2007-05-13 23:57:44

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Category 1/2 labels on write tab

The labels remain because the category edit links remain. That’s a feature, not a bug.

#3 2007-05-14 07:54:43

lee

Re: Category 1/2 labels on write tab

Hi Mary, I know it’s not a bug. I see what you’re saying, but the edit link should really be named add category when no categories exist and the 2 labels in question should be removed. As it is the labels are being to determine the purpose of the link, where as the purpose of the link should be in the link text itself. When a category exists and the dropdown boxes are shown the link text should revert to edit.

Actually I think the edit link should be removed all together because if it’s clicked without first saving an article the article is lost without warning. If it worked a bit ajaxy, where a category could be added without leaving the write screen then it would be worth having. As it is, it introduces poor work flow (write/category/write rather than category/write) and also the possibility of losing an article if it’s not saved before the edit link is used.

What do you think?

Board footer