Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-04-28 08:54:48

FireFusion

Flat file template/form editing, revisions and the tag builder

I’d love to be able to edit form and page templates using my texteditor of choice and FTP. If there was an option to use flat files like ExpressionEngine has that would be great. I don’t know how they do it but you can upload it and it will change the one in the web interface too, so you can use either method simultaneously.

More importantly I’d like Textpattern to automatically save revisions of templates and forms. I often have so many tabs open that I save over a form or template I just spent ages editing. Also I like to try new techniques and switch back to the old way if it doesn’t work. I think this is a really important feature.

Finally, this might be controversial, I think you could lose the tag builder in both those areas to claim back some screen real estate. Instead just have a really good tag help link. I only use the tag builder when I can’t be bother to type the name of an output form. I think it confuses beginners as it doesn’t give all the tags or explain anything and adds bloat to some tags. You really have to look at the wiki to understand and use tags properly.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by FireFusion (2007-04-28 08:55:08)

Board footer