Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-04-26 19:57:11

squaredeye
Website

cellphone favorites?

I’d love to know folks faves. I’ve been out of the market for about 3 years, but its time to take the plunge once again.

:)

ps. I’m east coast, US, incase that’s applicable.

#2 2007-04-26 20:11:16

variaas
Plugin Author
Website

Re: cellphone favorites?

I recommend two phones, depending on your needs:

• SMT 5600 – It’s an older model, but by far the best phone I have ever owned. I bought this when I didn’t need a real mobile office. It’s a small candy bar factor. It runs Windows Mobile 2003 SE, but I’ve seen people with WM5 on it. The smart dial feature made it an instant love. You can start dialing the person’s number or dialing their name and the drop down will find the contact for you. You’ve got a ton of apps that your can throw on there for mapping, email, and more. It has a JVM also, so there are some some java apps out there you can install.
  • Treo 750 – My current phone. When I moved into a new role, I needed more mobility out of my phone (i.e. I needed to be able to type quickly). I went through a slide keyboard phone (Cingular 8525) pretty quickly and despised how slow and unresponsive it was. Then Cingular came out with the Treo 750 which rocked my world. This phone like my previous phone had Windows Mobile so again you have all the same great apps available to you. It really feels like the SMT 5600’s bigger brother. It’s got a full keyboard on the front, and Palm has done several get mods to Windows Mobile to make life better. My favorite mod was the text messaging app. The phone shows your text messages in a conversation view as oppposed to single messages. It feels like you’re IMing a friend instead of Txting them (note: get a good text plan if you get this since you’ll find yourself texting like a fiend). I’ve had this phone for almost 5 months now, and don’t see myself changing it out. Palm also announced that they will be offering an upgrade to WM6 on this phone soon.

Good luck on the hunt!

#3 2007-04-27 06:29:24

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I guess you know of the iphone

Having said that i’ve always been using cheap nokias myself:)

Last edited by colak (2007-04-27 06:30:24)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2007-04-27 06:38:05

Jeremie
Website

My favorite is the null phone. No mobile, at all.

#5 2007-04-27 07:01:29

maniqui
Website

I have never had a cellphone yet (well, I owned one just during a month, but my ex-boss gave it to me).
Now, my girlfriend is asking me everyday to buy one so we can’t get in touch and send SMS

I was looking for a Nokia 1100, but there aren’t new units available on the market.

So, I think I’m going to buy this new model by Motorola: Motofone F3
It’s an anti-hype cellphone developed in India, very cheap and simple (and ultra-thin!). It even lacks of a simple calculator!!!!

Last edited by maniqui (2007-04-27 07:02:08)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer