Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-04-23 20:24:49

Miznitic

[feedback] Someone in a bad mood?

With developers like these acting like what was shown, I have my doubts as to whether I would find a commercial version of Textpattern in my best interest. Nowhere in that topic did I see any belittlement or insults. Perhaps a slight measure of arrogance, however, that wasn’t the fault of the users posting.

#2 2007-04-23 21:22:18

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [feedback] Someone in a bad mood?

It’s kind of strange to see someone writing this in their first post to a forum from a user account that was registered today. If you are new to this forum, you may want to look around a bit to see what other things the developer you’re referring to is usually posting. It may surprise you in a positive way.

Last edited by ruud (2007-04-23 21:35:16)

#3 2007-04-23 23:36:13

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Not really strange. This person is double-accounter, who’s already sent me a “lovely” email from the other account.

#4 2007-04-24 00:01:33

zero
Website

Miznitic wrote:

With developers like these acting like what was shown, I have my doubts as to whether I would find a commercial version of Textpattern in my best interest. Nowhere in that topic did I see any belittlement or insults. Perhaps a slight measure of arrogance, however, that wasn’t the fault of the users posting.

It’s amazing how people see other people so differently. I thought your comment was right to the point and completely relevant, Mary. I didn’t see any sign of arrogance. You and Zem tried to clarify what the (already clearly stated) poll was about. You also tried to make the point that actions rather than words were more needed, but there were still plenty of long, although not arrogant, posts. Your comment summed it up nicely and closed what had become a pretty worn out thread.

As many people said and keep saying, TXP and the community is pretty awesome. I don’t see any need to fix what isn’t broke. Better to polish and tweak. You developers must put a heck of a lot of hours in and deserve a lot of respect. You do not deserve undermining or belittling remarks whether intended or not.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#5 2007-04-24 07:38:22

TNT
Website

@ zero:

Amen!

Prrrrrrrr

#6 2007-04-24 12:27:33

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Mary wrote:

Not really strange. This person is double-accounter, who’s already sent me a “lovely” email from the other account.

So what’s the deal here:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#7 2007-04-24 13:34:00

root

I hate to say it, but I kinda agree with TheEric. Not saying that you did anything wrong—zero got it right when he said it—but I think you and zem were exceedingly curt, and have been for a long time… I don’t know what that means to you, but I find the atmosphere to be less than friendly.

Last edited by root (2007-04-24 13:34:30)

#8 2007-04-24 14:01:14

zero
Website

root, what I did not mention was the amount of time spent by developers just reading and answering posts that, imho, didn’t need to be posted in the first place. If they can find the time, I am sure the developers will answer for themselves, and I am sure they will take your comment on board, but perhaps now you can see how circumstances and people have led to these ‘curt’ or, as I would put it, succinct replies?

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#9 2007-04-26 08:55:49

root

As you say zero, I’ll let the developers answer for themselves :)

#10 2007-04-26 23:57:14

zem
Developer Emeritus

Every time we answer these types of questions, regardless of the content or character of our answers, we’re rewarded with accusations, insults and threats (yes, really). The more ill-mannered, lazy and ignorant those accusations are, the more polite the unpaid volunteer developers are expected to be. Enough is enough.

If you’re not happy with the tone or content of the forum, flinging poo at people won’t help improve it.

Alex

Board footer