Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-04-10 19:09:51

c55

Having trouble setting up Textpattern as blog on site

I’ve searched through the archives and have been trying to fix this all day to no avail. I just switched over to Textpattern from using Wordpress for most of my blogs b/c of the simplicity, but am having trouble setting this up.

My blog I’m building is located here – http://saltlinestudio.com/blog

1. I’m just looking for something simple with right side past post links – the RSS is getting in the way and if I delete it, it throws the page off.

2. The top navigation seems to have a div in between it that I cannot find in TP. It is also getting pushed way right – no idea why.

3. When I click on a test post, it goes no where.

4. Comments somehow got turned of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on the above.

PS the rest of the site has not been tested/proofed/etc. – just looking for help with the blog.

Last edited by c55 (2007-04-10 19:10:42)

#2 2007-04-10 20:51:45

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Having trouble setting up Textpattern as blog on site

To answer #3: You either lost your .htaccess file that is supposed to be right inside the blog directory somewhere along the way, or your server doesn’t support mod_rewrite and you need to turn permlinks to messy.

#3 2007-04-10 21:13:08

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

More:

For #4, what are your commenting preferences?

By the way, it is a good idea to post different problems separately. It helps you get assistance faster – not everyone could help with every question and vague discussion topics are often overlooked – and helps others find answers more easily.

#4 2007-04-11 14:49:14

c55

Thanks, I am on OSX and fixed that problem by uploading the file. I’m working on the other aspects.

Are there plugins for other categories and such to show up on the right side?

Board footer