Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-03-25 23:17:27

zero
Website

Texty template

The Texty template is flexible. Two, three and mixed column layouts are achieved by typing ‘yes’ in custom fields. If headlines or the topspot are used the layout adjusts accordingly. Side-quotes or side-pictures are very easy to insert. Easy to add graphics or alter colour styles.

There are built-in accessibility features such as rel links, style switcher and semantic layout plus easy-to-follow navigation on every page. The navigation owes a lot to Johan Nilsson and his glx_hl_current plugin.

Article templates are provided, thanks to Mary and her the Save New button.

At first glance you may think there’s an important omission – graphics. But this is a strength. Having no graphics and being able to turn the colours off, leaves the artistically inclined with a blank canvas on which to paint their dreams – whilst still having a fully-functioning web site. Some won’t want this, but hopefully not everyone is just looking for something that looks good. I think many people will give function and flexibility equal status with style. Being able to personalise the graphics and colours to their taste should appeal to many people. But, then again, I don’t like wearing clothes with designer labels or company logos on them.

OK, sales pitch over. Go get Texty

And template site owners – please feel free to put a thumbnail, description, the zip or anything about Texty on your site. Cheers!

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2007-03-26 00:13:51

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Texty template

@peter, great.

It will be a bit, until I can play with this. I dowloaded the pack, to take a look at the included files and help page und skimmed down the info pages on the demonstration Site.

It’s a very interesting approach plus a valuable one, if I may say so.
With the nearly over 50 forms it has, it’s much more complex than the one I did a while ago.

The custum_field layout switching approach, I think is unique, and I haven’t seen anything like that before.

The Styleswitcher is cute as well. I’m gona love to play with this very much. Thanks for sharing it.

I’d like to draw your attention also to the aspect of Naming conventions and Theme Engine Mechanisms , that make the work with these complex template sets a little easier.

Bert has done a great job for Enduser template handling, that you can read about in his Wikipages.

Take Care,

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-03-26 00:15:44)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#3 2007-03-26 04:48:48

rsilletti

Thanks Peter,

Interesting new directions at 01010.org, I’ll sift thru TEXTY asap.

#4 2007-03-26 12:55:49

zero
Website

Thanks for all the positive comments, marios! And for the links. There’s a lot going on in the TXP template world! And thanks, too, Rick. How do you find time for the Yellowstone with all this moderating :-) I’m getting broadband very soon so I will be able to stay online all day and perhaps even do some work. After I’ve found out what utube, flickr, podcasting and other previously inaccessible web things are all about. Mmm…

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#5 2007-03-26 17:12:34

rsilletti

@ Peter I’m currently on break in Spokane, leaves me with time. When I’m in the park and working not much moderating goes on I’m afraid.

Board footer