Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-03-24 01:24:44

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

[textile] Textile 2 Breaks Recursive Acronyms

I’m running into trouble with Textile 2’s insistence on putting <span class="caps"> around all 3+ character strings of capital letters. If you’re using a recursive acronym such as PHP (PHP Hypertext Preprocessor) or GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Tool), you end up with a span inside the title attribute of the <acronym> tag. I’ll mark up such acronyms manually for now, but I thought the devs should know.

P.S. The “report a bug” link is gone from the official Textile page, which is why I’m posting this here.

#2 2007-03-24 01:37:35

maniqui
Website

Re: [textile] Textile 2 Breaks Recursive Acronyms

Man! We are connected! I have reported this yesterday!

The “report a bug” link is there… but first, you have to click on the “Textile to HTML” button to make it appear.

As I said, I have reported it yesterday, but you may report it again because maybe your report adds something I didn’t include.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2007-03-24 01:37:49

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

#4 2007-03-24 01:59:17

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

maniqui wrote:

The “report a bug” link is there… but first, you have to click on the “Textile to HTML” button to make it appear.

Aha! I tested it on the official page, but I think I may have closed that tab and re-opened it when I went looking for the bug report link. I’ll know better next time. Half the reason my sig quotes Hanlon’s Razor is self-defense. ;-)

As I said, I have reported it yesterday, but you may report it again because maybe your report adds something I didn’t include.

Probably not, since there’s only so much to say about this bug. Good to know that I’m not the only one to have this problem, though.

Last edited by Logoleptic (2007-03-24 02:00:56)

Board footer