Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-03-21 20:00:36

zero
Website

Is my redesign OK for a Textgarden Template?

Does anybody like my redesign ? Genre: web design not really a blog.

Thanks to the wonder of custom fields and conditionals I can have a variety of layouts for any article that does not depend on the section. Thanks TXP developers!

I would like to give a template based on it to Textgarden. So if you think it sucks, or you can break it, or have any good suggestions or feedback, please let me know.

Last edited by zero (2007-03-21 20:03:36)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2007-03-22 09:12:26

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Is my redesign OK for a Textgarden Template?

Yes, I think it would be nice having it.

It’s a pure em-based approach. Not a mixed em-percentage approach. AFAIK none such exists yet ( I could be wrong though )
It’s not a spruced up super pretty design ( I understand why you did it like that, reading one of the articles ), but it would be valuable to have this template set, the IA approach, accessiblity aspects, basic layout structure, etc, I would love to take a look at it.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-03-22 09:14:27)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#3 2007-03-22 12:01:50

zero
Website

Re: Is my redesign OK for a Textgarden Template?

Thanks for the appraisal, marios. Much appreciated.

I’ve focused on functionality and flexibility and I actually like it the way it is without graphics. It grew on me as I was making it.

As it is now, it doesn’t impose any mediocre graphics on anybody, and maybe the artistically inclined can let their imaginations roam. It wouldn’t be hard for someone to add some pretty graphics if they wished. I could include a short tutorial on how to do that with the template.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

Board footer