Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-02-25 17:47:19

redneck
Website

Wot's going on at Dreamhost?

Is it just me or is there a more general problem connecting to Dreamhost?

Dreamhost

I’ve been having problems all morning. Of course, Dreamhost have an excellent support dashboard to inform customers of problems, but it’s only useful if you can, ahem, connect to it in the first place.

#2 2007-02-25 20:33:22

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Wot's going on at Dreamhost?

Mitch

they are recovering from a power outage but it’s taken (er, for some, taking) longer than expected. You can subscribe to their feed to find out what’s going on.

Here’s the latest as I write…

Power has been restored to the building and all servers are back up and running. There currently is an issue with a blade in one of the core routers and it is being replaced, so the servers are still unreachable until this issue is corrected. We are working to get service restored as soon as possible. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- UPDATE 04:51 PST -
The supervisor in one of our core routers went kaput when the power went off. It was replaced shortly after the original posting. Further problems arose with corrupt configurations left over from the old supervisor. These have been restored and we have re-established connection to seven out of our eight uplinks. We are currently working on the eighth uplink and everything is coming back to normal operation now. We are close to being 100% and thank everyone for their patience. As always, check this space for updates.
- UPDATE 11:21 PST -
The router is up and healthy, and the majority of our network is back up and running. However, a few of our servers are having issues because their file servers are not talking to the rest of the network correctly. There is a link down from one part of the datacenter back to the routers and that is causing the file server issues. If you are on a server whose name is a beverage, this will effect you. We are working very hard to resolve this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Steve

Board footer