Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-30 00:03:40

Jose Miguel
Website

acens Technologies website - One of the largest spanish datacenters

Hi there,

I’m one of the proud main developers of the brand new acens Technologies website. It’s one of the largest hosting company in spain. Sorry, so the web it’s also in spanish.

It is entirely driven by Textpattern! It doesn’t look like it, does it? Don’t be fooled by your eyes, it really is “textpattern inside”. :-)

For the most suspicious readers, both the main site and the blog are the same TXP installation. We made great use of the section pages to separate presentation, and also we made a great plugin effort.

I think we pushed TXP to it’s limits, and we are at the point of either modifing the txp source code or rewriting much of it’s functionality from scratch via plugins. In either case, the txp installation you see here is the 4.0.4 production release: no modifications.

I will appreciate your comments and any suggestion will very much appreciated.

Cheers.

#2 2007-01-30 01:02:34

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: acens Technologies website - One of the largest spanish datacenters

It’s funny how certain technical terms can be used in either language, like Backup servidor correo.

Hit all your pages, it looks really fine, no problems to report. Textpattern can do a lot from a basic install once you understand it’s capabilities.

Quiero un Pepsi por favor :)

#3 2007-01-30 07:14:44

jstubbs
Website

Nice site! Which plugins did you use on the default 4.04 installation?

#4 2007-01-30 15:19:44

Jose Miguel
Website

hcgtv said:

It’s funny how certain technical terms can be used in either language, like Backup servidor correo.

Yes, indeed. There are several technical terms we do use as english. Take “Hosting compartido” for example, which is the translation for “shared hosting”. :-)

Hit all your pages, it looks really fine, no problems to report. Textpattern can do a lot from a basic install once you understand it’s capabilities.

Thanks hcgtv, that was one of the reasons we selected Textpattern. We wanted a blog-like CMS but with some space for improvisation like static pages, AJAX request, and the like. Also, the tag template system is really powerful!.

Cheers!

#5 2007-01-30 15:38:09

Jose Miguel
Website

jstubbs said:

Nice site! Which plugins did you use on the default 4.04 installation?

Not much. Indeed we don’t use none of the plugins available on the net. Obviously, we borrowed some ideas from some of them, like rss_suparchive for the blog, but soon we realized we wanted some more customizations so we dropped rss_suparchive. Anyway, this, and all other plugins we tried, was a very effective “proof of concept”, to see if somethig would work before we could begin programing our own.

We have acens_nav, for example, which takes the sections and we can select wich one will be part of the main menu. Also — using a new admin tab — we could select the order in which these sections will be visible on the menu. Another example could be acens_author, which enables us to enter additional information about authors, like avatar, charge, additional information and the like.

acens_permlink is one of those little gems, it takes over the “pretext” event and catch and rewrite the URL so that we can use even more readable urls like: /dominios/registro-de-dominios-eu.html.

Cheers,

#6 2007-01-30 18:20:20

jstubbs
Website

Hola Jose,

That sounds great. Will you be considering releasing the plugins to the TXP community? Even if you are not interested in developing the plugins further, I am sure someone would like take up the development work.

#7 2007-01-31 22:19:22

Jose Miguel
Website

jstubbs said:

That sounds great. Will you be considering releasing the plugins to the TXP community? Even if you are not interested in developing the plugins further, I am sure someone would like take up the development work.

Sure! Indeed I was thinking of it as I was developing some code. It was one of those thinkings like “mmmhh… It would be nice to have this as a general plugin”. However, I will be releasing this bits of code on my own personal page, not related to my company. So, stay tuned. :-)

Cheers.

Board footer