Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-26 05:37:29

aethelyon

Neahpower.com first non-blog site with txp

NeahPower.com

It was a little bit rough, but I blame it on my inexperience with textpattern. I couldn’t figure out how to get subcategories to work as nice URLs (ie: \about\contact instead of \about-contact) either, if anyone has any tips on that, I wouldn’t mind hearing.

Last edited by aethelyon (2007-01-26 05:38:48)

#2 2007-01-29 13:16:09

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Neahpower.com first non-blog site with txp

Have you tried Graeme Porteous’ gbp_permanent_links plugin for the URLs?

Steve

#3 2007-01-29 18:13:37

John Wozniak

Looks pretty good.

I would add a form to the contact page in addition to having the contact info available if possible – it will increase the chances someone contacts you a bit.

Your CSS rollovers would be improved if they weren’t seperate images. Currently the nav buttons flash a bit when moused over.

You can overcome this with this CSS technique.

#4 2007-01-29 20:52:01

aethelyon

John, thanks for the CSS tip, though they wanted separate images because they have their own “in-house web person,” and that was their requirement for their “just-in-case” easier editing. I need to use some quick javascript to cache those so the flicker doesn’t happen. They also didn’t want a contact form. A very unique client at the end of the day.

Steve, thanks for the tip on that, I’ll take a look at that plugin, I hadn’t heard of it before, but it looks to be exactly what I would like to have.

Board footer