Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1273 2009-04-24 19:07:36

maniqui
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

dreamer wrote:

<span class="translate"><a href="<txp:l10n_lang_list />"></a></span>

However, as you notice in the sidebar, it’s not looking too pretty.

Not just that, but it also generates bad markup.

I would advice you to start by just using <txp:l10n_lang_list /> and see what’s the output. Then, start fine tuning it to your needs, using wraptag and break attributes.

If I’m not wrong, default <txp:l10n_lang_list /> outputs an the links (a) wrapped by lis and, of course, all the items wrapped by ul (which is nice markup and should give you enough flexibility to do crazy things using CSS).

Even, you may want to revise your original markup, and try another markup. An span wrapping two a doesn’t seem to make too much sense.

Last edited by maniqui (2009-04-24 19:39:36)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#1274 2009-04-24 19:31:37

mrtunes
Website

Els wrote:

Is that the section_list tag creating those links? And do you have a link to the site in question? If not, can you post a tag trace, because with so litte information it’s hard to tell what is wrong.
And what I’d like to know is what is ‘ter’? Is it a section name or something else?

just to clear up the problem i had so everyone knows to avoid this – my test site was in a subfolder. i had to move it to a subdomain in order for MLP to work properly and not assign /ter sporadically. thanks again Els for helping me off the board :)

Last edited by mrtunes (2009-04-24 19:32:09)

#1275 2009-04-28 02:20:43

mrtunes
Website

does this plugin cause people to get logged out often? the only time i’ve been logged out this many times is using the password_protect plugin, or the time when i was working on a site with someone and didnt realize we were kicking each other out.

#1276 2009-04-28 06:38:14

ultramega

does this plugin cause people to get logged out often?

We have had this sometimes, no idea what is causing it. We also had few users at the same time logged in. Logging out happened always when user switched from some admin tab to other. Maybe completely reseting browsers cache helped, I’m not sure.

My questions: what is currently the best way to have multiple tags or categories with an article when using MLP? I’m little bit hurry with my schedule so wouldn’t mind to test different options to see that they are not working :)

And my other question (earlier) was about commenting, is that working okay with mlp, can recent comments be filtered by the language used and so on?

#1277 2009-04-28 18:36:09

els

mrtunes wrote:

does this plugin cause people to get logged out often?

I have never experienced this. Does this only happen on the MLP site? Do you have other (MLP-less) Txp sites on the same server, to compare?

ultramega
Do you mean using a plugin, like tru_tags or rss_unlimited_categories? I’ve never used them together with MLP, so I’m afraid I can’t tell you. Or did you mean something different?
And I’ve never used comments with MLP either, sorry.

#1278 2009-04-28 18:38:03

mrtunes
Website

Els wrote:

I have never experienced this. Does this only happen on the MLP site? Do you have other (MLP-less) Txp sites on the same server, to compare?

it only happens on my MLP site, which i believe is the only major plugin installed on it. it’s on the same server as most of my sites. this could have something to do with our move to a subdomain. it often happens after trying to save an article. so i just make sure to copy it to the clipboard before submitting.

Last edited by mrtunes (2009-04-28 18:38:46)

#1279 2009-04-28 18:44:39

els

mrtunes wrote:

it often happens after trying to save an article.

Ouch, bad timing! If you happen to find the exact circumstances in which it happens, I’m sure it will be useful for Graeme to know.
Also if there are others experiencing this, please post it here.

#1280 2009-04-28 19:13:37

dreamer

I tried doing a search for this but didn’t find the relevant answer…

So I have some badges in my sidebar that are in english. when the user clicks to the spanish rendition, i want the spanish versions of these badges to show up.

Using the l10n_if_lang ,I have the following if/else statement

<txp:l10n_if_lang $l10n_language[es] />  
       <txp:output_form form="badges-sp" />
  <txp:else /> 
       <txp:output_form form="badges" />
</txp:l10n_if_lang />

but it doesn’t work. Obviously, because there is no need for a self closing tag as you would in a typical <txp:if_section> tag.

So how do I go about accomplish this? Or am I misinterpreting the document completely?

Last edited by dreamer (2009-04-28 19:19:44)

#1281 2009-04-28 19:16:56

els

pogonik wrote:

Hi
I’ve been post this question on Serbian subforum, but no one seem to help…
I have successfully installed MLP…been reading a lot of it, and i’m sure that i’ve did all steps. I’ve installed English, Spanish and Serbian (latin) language…( Serbs are using both, latin and cyrilic alphabets). But textpattern showing Serbian language as English (sp-rs)…on the page, for language list I get Spanish and two times English. Spanish works, one English also, but for other English (actually Serbian) when I click it I get just one more “sp” in address (for example http://localhost:8888/mysite/sp/sp/sp….)…sp should be short for Serbian.
After that, I’ve try it with Serbian cyrilic and it was work as it should.
I’ve tryMLP with Serbian as default, English default, etc…but it alway goes the same.

Now, if anyone can understand my tarzan-english, what should I do?

Hi pogonik, have you tried installing sp-rs on a site without MLP? Does it work there? (Just to confirm it’s MLP related.)

#1282 2009-04-28 19:22:05

els

dreamer

<txp:l10n_if_lang lang="es">  
       <txp:output_form form="badges-sp" />
  <txp:else /> 
       <txp:output_form form="badges" />
</txp:l10n_if_lang>

#1283 2009-04-28 19:27:55

dreamer

hmmm…i see i misused the self closing tags. though, the documentation didn’t make clear about the lang attribute. thanks!

if the author is reading, i’m happy to go through the documentation and help him clarify any aspects of the documenation that needs clarification. sometimes, plugin authors tend to write from their perspective and not from perspective of the newbie user. i have to use this plugin more often so i’m happy to help if need be.

#1284 2009-04-28 19:35:45

pogonik
Website

yes I have try without mlp…i’m using textpattern a lot :-) …but this is a first time i’ve using mlp and i really need that Serbian latin…

it’s not problem just in txp: tags…the problem is also in admin area…after installin mlp some tabs are on english and some on serbian…in mlp renditions table stands English twice, not Serbian…in upper right corner in combo box, theres English(en-gb), English (sp-rs), Espanol (es-es)…and so one…like everything is messed…

again, with Serbian cyrilic everything is ok and works great…I’ve try this instalation for x times…

Board footer