Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1537 2010-06-16 18:11:15

LetterHoofd
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

I thought of that option, but 80+ people would have to manually change their outlook signatures…

#1538 2010-06-16 18:16:19

els

Okay, what happens if you move the image to /images/, and put this in .htaccess?

Redirect permanent /banner.gif http://www.site.com/images/banner.gif

You can put it after the closing </IfModule>.

Edit: sorry, forgot a slash.

Last edited by els (2010-06-16 18:17:40)

#1539 2010-06-16 22:36:19

slabanosa

jens31 wrote:

• glz_custom_fields (works fine, unless you dont need more than the ‘usual’ txp 10 custom fields, and dont create any new ones. is there a hack available?)

I just found that out at my expense, txp started spitting out a myriad of errors after creating a couple of extra fields. I’d be interested in knowing if there’s a way around too

#1540 2010-07-15 01:27:07

emeaguiar
Website

Hey guys, just installer this pack but have a problem, now my css isn’t showing in the pages, I read some pages ago and ttry adding a comma or a space to the exclude list but neither worked, it should show the css.php and it return /en/css.php to all my stylesheets, any other solution?

I also got this error in the MLP tab:

Notice: Undefined variable: article_list_pageby in ~/textpattern/lib/l10n_admin_classes.php  on line 4369

But I don’t this that has anything to do with it.

Last edited by emeaguiar (2010-07-15 02:14:03)

#1541 2010-07-15 09:11:01

redbot
Plugin Author

emeaguiar wrote:

I also got this error in the MLP tab…

Try changing the “articles per page” option at the bottom of the “article” tab and see if it changes something

… I read some pages ago and ttry adding a comma or a space to the exclude list but neither worked, it should show the css.php and it return /en/css.php to all my stylesheets, any other solution?

Why css.php? you have to exclude the folder in which your css file resides (if any).

#1542 2010-07-15 14:57:56

emeaguiar
Website

Changing the number made the error go away.

About the css.php, I was modifying the styles from inside the admin panel because I use different styles for each section, and using a tag to link the styleeseet, as a result it showed css.php?n=stylesheet but with the plugin it won’t work, now I created a css folder and put inside all the css files and it works, just have to repeat code in every section so I can change the stylesheet.

Anyway, works for me now, thanks!

#1543 2010-07-15 15:42:21

Timid&friendly
Website

I noticed a bug with this when i first started using it. To get it to work even the first item needs to be comma delimited i.e.

,css,js,downloads

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#1544 2010-07-15 16:15:13

els

Timid&friendly wrote:

To get it to work even the first item needs to be comma delimited

This has been suggested before. (I’m not going to look for it ;) ) But it’s not always a problem, for me it works fine without the first comma.

#1545 2010-07-25 11:53:05

kch42

emeaguiar wrote:

… I read some pages ago and ttry adding a comma or a space to the exclude list but neither worked, it should show the css.php and it return /en/css.php to all my stylesheets, any other solution?

I had the same problem. I modified .htaccess to fix that:

Code snippet:

RewriteRule xx/css.php css.php

Insert this for every language you are using (replace “xx” with the language code) after “RewriteEngine On”.
This should work fine.

#1546 2010-07-29 11:48:22

whocarez
Plugin Author
Website GitHub Twitter

Hello,

I try to implement a <link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="*some-url*" hreflang="de" lang="de" title="" /> tag in the head section for SEO purposes. I already searched through the thread but I found only some feature requests from Julián and Victor for getting the other rendition_ids of an article.

Anyway, I use now a very dirty variant, but cannot figure out how to get the title of the article in the other language.

At the moment it looks like this:

<txp:if_section name="tag">

<txp:else />
<txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:l10n_if_lang lang="de" wraptag="">
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href='
<txp:php>
echo str_replace(array('<ul class="l10n_lang_list"><li class="ru-ru"><a href="','"><span dir="ltr">Русский</span>
</a></li></ul>'), array("",""), l10n_lang_list(array('surpress_current' => '1')));
</txp:php>
' hreflang="ru" lang="ru" title="" />
</txp:l10n_if_lang>
<txp:l10n_if_lang lang="ru" wraptag="">
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href='<txp:php>echo str_replace(array('<ul class="l10n_lang_list">
<li class="de-de"><a href="','"><span dir="ltr">Deutsch</span></a></li></ul>'), array("",""), 
l10n_lang_list(array('surpress_current' => '1')));</txp:php>' hreflang="de" lang="de" title="" />
</txp:if_individual_article>

<txp:if_article_list>
<txp:l10n_if_lang lang="de" wraptag="">
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="<txp:site_url />ru/<txp:section />/" hreflang="ru" lang="ru" title="" />
<txp:l10n_if_lang lang="ru" wraptag="">
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="<txp:site_url />de/<txp:section />/" hreflang="de" lang="de" title="" />
</txp:if_article_list>
</txp:if_section>

It´s only for two languages (German and Russian) and if I would use one or two more languages it would be unusable, so is there any cleaner, easier, handier solution??? Is it possible to extract the titles of the corresponding articles?

#1547 2010-08-04 07:34:49

Christoph
Website

I found out that using smd_short_url together with MLP causes problems.
Using http://domain.com/35 won’t redirect to the article with ID 35.
I’m using the languages English and German and as every article has a unique ID I thought it shouldn’t be a problem. Is there a way to fix it?

#1548 2010-08-05 12:29:33

els

whocarez wrote:

but cannot figure out how to get the title of the article in the other language.
(…) Is it possible to extract the titles of the corresponding articles?

Yes, I did this using smd_query. I had to repeat the code for each language because I used it to build the links to the renditions as well (which is otherwise only possible in individual article mode and I needed it in article list mode). My code is not exactly what you need, but I guess you’ll be able to change it to your needs. I also used variable and if_variable to check if the rendition exists.
Hope it helps you.

<!-- get group from current article -->
<txp:smd_query column="l10n_group" table='l10n_txp_<txp:rah_replace from="-" to="_"><txp:l10n_get_lang type="long" /></txp:rah_replace>' where='ID=<txp:article_id />'>
<txp:variable name="group" value="{l10n_group}" />
</txp:smd_query>

<!-- get article data from renditions -->

<txp:smd_query debug="0" column="ID,Title,url_title,Section" table="l10n_txp_en_gb" where='l10n_group=<txp:variable name="group" /> AND status=4'>
<txp:variable name="ID-en" value="{ID}" />
<txp:l10n_if_lang lang="en"><txp:else />
<txp:if_variable name="ID-en" value=""><txp:else />
<a href="<txp:site_url />en/{Section}/{ID}/{url_title}">{Title}</a>
</txp:if_variable>

<txp:smd_query debug="0" column="ID,Title,url_title,Section" table="l10n_txp_es_es" where='l10n_group=<txp:variable name="group" /> AND status=4'>
<txp:variable name="ID-es" value="{ID}" />
<txp:l10n_if_lang lang="es"><txp:else />
<txp:if_variable name="ID-es" value=""><txp:else />
<a href="<txp:site_url />es/{Section}/{ID}/{url_title}">{Title}</a>
</txp:if_variable>

Last edited by els (2010-08-05 12:32:40)

Board footer