Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-18 16:48:27

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

neme.org redesign

Another year another refresh
We are in the process of redesigning neme.org . http://neme.org/main/?pg=1 demonstrates our new template. Can pc users let me know if there are any problems with the layout? We only have macs here (all pre intel) so there is no way for us to check the layout on any other platforms…

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by colak (2007-01-18 19:12:16)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2007-01-18 23:18:36

els

Re: neme.org redesign

OK, my available browsers are FF 1.5.0.9, IE7 and Opera 9.01 (Windows pc) and FF 1.5.0.9, Opera 9.01 and Epiphany Webbrowser 1.8.2 (Linux laptop).

Site looks fine in all browsers, there is a slight difference in where the logo (top right) is positioned between all Linux browsers and all Windows browsers, screenshots here: Windows and Linux.

The only thing that is a bit off is in (of course) IE7, the alignment of the bottom menu, screenshot.

Otherwise I see no differences. You do know Browsershots, don’t you?

Nice look BTW :)

#3 2007-01-19 09:51:22

colak
Admin

Hi Els
thanks for the screenshots. We really appreciate your help.
We have changed the positions of the search fields since then. We hope that their positioning renders ok in all browsers although we have not totally figured out how to position the pull down menu which we suspect that it is messing up the alignment. (can someone please confirm?)

We always had a problem with ie… I’m wondering if it is worth fixing… The logo problem is a bit of strange… I guess the only way to sort it out is by making the logo smaller as it seems that the difference lies within the non consistent letter spacing between platforms. (ff Linux is our intended look)
I know about browsershots but it seems that our requests expire before they are done. (max wait is 4 hours)

Yiannis
——————————

#4 2007-01-19 12:42:12

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

I’m on Windows, unfortunately.

But here three screenshots:

Firefox 2.0

IE7

Opera 9.0

Looks ok, only the red headings differs a little.

#5 2007-01-19 18:15:00

els

colak wrote:

We have changed the positions of the search fields since then. We hope that their positioning renders ok in all browsers although we have not totally figured out how to position the pull down menu which we suspect that it is messing up the alignment. (can someone please confirm?)

The pull down menu is not breaking any layout (all my browsers/platforms). New screenshot (FF Windows).

#6 2007-01-19 22:56:46

marios
Archived Plugin Author

@colak, looking good here. All Browsers mainstream ( from a quick check )

Netscape (7.1) On this old Browser, the Event Boxes are positioned on top of the Headers, instead of next to them.
( Can not provide screenshots, but since it is not something than more than 0.1 % percent of poeple use, you can just forget about it)

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#7 2007-01-20 09:55:30

colak
Admin

els
thank you for the screenshots… we have resized the logo image slightly and hope that it now clears the menu.

Bastian
Again thank you very much for the shots. we have specified a font size for all the headings… hope that it is now more uniform…
Re windows v mac (there are plenty problems with the mac too)… :(

marios
We downloaded netscape 7.2 (mac) to check it out. We couldn’t see what you saw but noticed a little bug with <div style="clear:both">&nbsp;</div> Nescape ignores the div if the &nbsp; is not included

The browser which totally messes up the site is amaya . But we would not know where to start to provide a fix it for that.

Last edited by colak (2007-01-20 10:07:47)

Yiannis
——————————

#8 2007-01-20 17:13:06

els

colak wrote:

we have resized the logo image slightly and hope that it now clears the menu.

Looking like this now in Windows (the screenshot is from FF but looks the same in Opera and IE7).

The browser which totally messes up the site is amaya . But we would not know where to start to provide a fix it for that.

I installed Amaya to give it a try, managed to have a look at three of my sites (that indeed looked a complete mess) before it crashed… Are sites really supposed to look fine in this browser??? Then I’ll have a lot of work to do… :(

#9 2007-01-21 20:05:57

colak
Admin

hi els…
thanks for the screenshot… i guess that unless I change the idea of the header this size logo will do for now…
I’m not sure if amaya is one of the browsers that sites are supposed to look fine on, but it nevertheless is the browser developed by the w3 consortium. If we take amaya as being compliant to standards I guess that most of our sites will not fall into that category..:(

Yiannis
——————————

Board footer