Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-16 21:59:05

WebKat

How do I re-generate my permalinks?

I realized two things after I’d gotten about 80 articles inputted into textpattern:

• many of my titles were long and unwieldy when made into urls, which caused me to re-title many of my articles
  • I made a typo in one of my titles (and thus, the permalink url)

The problem is that changing the title didn’t alter the permalink. I still have long ones, and I still have one that is misspelled. How do I tell it to go through and recreate the permalinks? I already tried changing the setting in the Admin Preferences to the other permalink format and back again, hoping that changing that would cause a site-wide rewrite, but it didn’t.

Since the permalinks aren’t automatically updated by retitling articles, once I get the typo fixed and the new, shorter urls, does that mean I can go back and retitle my articles to their original names and keep the shorter urls? (hope hope hope)

(I did try searching for this but all the search terms I could think of were too common and returned nine zillion unrelated threads.)

WebKat

#2 2007-01-16 22:28:46

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: How do I re-generate my permalinks?

While in article edit mode, click Advanced Options on the left hand side.

Towards the bottom is URL-only title, clear it and save the article.

#3 2007-01-17 00:52:39

WebKat

Oh yes! So I can set the url there, if I don’t want it generated based on the title??

WebKat

#4 2007-01-17 20:16:39

els

That’s right :) And when you change an article’s title, the url only title is not also changed, so you’ll have to do that manually (or empty the field and it will be generated based on the new title).

Last edited by els (2007-01-17 20:18:05)

Board footer