Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-12 15:52:36

walth
Website

Problem witch <txp:older> in template Gentle Calm

Hello
I know that I have a lot of problem and doing a little bit mess in forum :( Sorry for that. I’m trying to be better forum user.

But I have another problem. I can’t use prev_next_nav. If I put more posts in blog then I show on home page the prev button are doing strange think. They are linked to non existing catalog /2/. They should send reader to ?pg=2, but I don’t know how to do this. Please some help.

Sorry for my poor English

Regards

Waltharius

#2 2007-01-13 03:59:12

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Problem witch <txp:older> in template Gentle Calm

That’s quite strange. Would you post your diagnostics please?

Since you’re having such troubles with this template, I went through setting it up for myself. Other than a few corrections/adjustments, I’ve had no trouble with it.

• I found that the rss_suparchive plugin that comes with it is a little outdated, so make sure you update it.
  • In the forms: archivesmonth_page, archivescat_page, DTD_head, sidebar, anywhere you see urls that start like /, you should replace that with <txp:site_url />. So, /about/ becomes <txp:site_url />about, etc.
  • In the form “comments_display”, you should remove the attribute preview="1".
  • In the form “comments_form”, you should remove the text “Textile Help”, and just before <div id="commentboxes"> you should insert <txp:comments_error wraptag="ul" break="li" />.

#3 2007-01-13 14:17:57

walth
Website

Yes I know that this plugin is outdated. I update it, but know different… I think that most problem its in postnavigation form. But don’t know what problem it is (not enough knowledge). I’m looking answer in FAQ, other Textpattern blogs and here.

Maybe you should see the problem in my site on the bottom of the page is: << previous posts who take reader to non existing page :( Its doing url to http://pattern.walth.hostdmk.net/2/ but he need doing url to http://pattern.walth.hostdmk.net/?pg=2 <— thats will be correctly but how to do that? (Sorry form my poor English :( ).

#4 2007-01-15 07:12:02

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

I’m not seeing the previous posts url at all. ?

#5 2007-01-15 10:05:02

walth
Website

Sorry I put article limit to 100 :)
Check now.

#6 2007-01-18 08:22:52

walth
Website

Well I’m trying to find the error myself witch FAQ, but I can’t. :( I think that this is serious problem witch this template because in other template its not shown.
Thanks for help

Regards waltharius

#7 2007-01-19 09:50:10

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

It’s possible that maybe a plugin is doing it. Have you tried temporarily disabling your plugins and seeing if the link starts working?

#8 2007-01-19 12:12:37

walth
Website

you are the best! :)
gbp_permanent_links – this plugin doing mess :)

Thanks

Regards
Waltharius

Board footer